Quiz 578: General Studies for Civil Services Examinations
1. Bring out the only statement, which is not fully correct:
[A]An increase in the supply of money will always result in inflation
[B]Inflation occurs when the value of money declines
[C]Cost inflation occurs when prices rise to cover increased factor costs
[D]Inflation will have the effect of redistributing incomes within a country
2. By which of the following single country, Gambia, the smallest country on mainland Africa is surrounded?
3. By which of the following, Maximum anthropogenic Green House Gas emission takes place as per the recent data?
4. Chishti Order is a Sufi order which arose from Chisht, a small town in which among the following countries?
5. Competition Appellate Tribunal is a statutory organization established under the provisions of the Competition Act, 2002. As per this act, the chairman of the Competition Law Tribunal can be a person who is/ had been____:
1. Chief Justice of India
2. Judge of Supreme Court
3. Chief Justice of High Court
4. Judge of High Court
Choose the correct option:
[A]1 or 2
[B]1 or 3
[C]2 or 3
[D]2 or 4
6. Consider the following :
1. Biodiversity International
2. International Rice Research center
3. International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center
Which among the following represents the correct location of the above?
[A]Italy, Mexico, Malaysia
[B]Italy, Philippines, Mexico
[C]France, Philippines, Brazil
[D]England, Philippines, Canada
7. Consider the following :
1. Central Government
2. State Governments
Which among the above are responsible to review and revise the minimum wages for workers employed in scheduled employments ?
[C]Both 1 & 2
[D]Neither 1 nor 2
8. Consider the following 3 Ultra Mega Power Projects (UMPPs) under different stages of their making:
1. Bedabahal Ultra Mega Power Project
2. Cheyyur Ultra Mega Power Project
3. Surguja Ultra Mega Power Project
Which among the following is the correct set of states in which they are coming up:
[A]Odisha, Tamil Nadu, Madhya Pradesh
[B]West Bengal, Karnataka, Chhattisgarh
[C]Odisha, Tamil Nadu, Chhattisgarh
[D]Odisha, Kerala, Jharkhand
9. Consider the following comparisons of Diesel with Gasoline:
1. In comparison to Gasoline, Diesel offers low volumetric energy density
2. In comparison to Gasoline, Diesel is cheap all over the world
3. In comparison to Gasoline, CO2 emissions from diesel are higher
Choose the correct statements:
[A]None of them
[C]1 & 2
[D]1, 2 & 3
10. Consider the following comparisons of LEDs and CFLs:
1. The CFLs contain mercury, LEDs are free of mercury
2. The CFLs emit more light per watt than the LEDs
3. The CFLs are not temperature dependent, while LED performance largely depends on the ambient temperature of the operating environment
Which among the above statements is/ are correct?
[A]Only 1 is correct
[B]Only 1 & 2 are correct
[C]Only 1 & 3 are correct
[D]all are correct
11. A migratory phenomenon called “Lessepsian migration” has been an environment concern due to the construction of which among the following canals these days?
[D]None of them
12. A Non-Resident Indian wants to get approval under Government Route for FDI in ‘Single Brand’ product retailing in India. Which among the following would be the appropriate agency to approach for this application?
[A]Regional Office of Reserve Bank of India
[B]Head Office of Reserve Bank of India
[C]Department of Economic Affairs (Ministry of Finance)
[D]Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (Ministry of Commerce)
13. A person with “Bombay Blood group” can receive blood from a person who is from____?
[A]A Group or B Group
[D]None of them
14. A satellite can measure the air quality of Delhi every day at 12 noon. It is in which among the following orbits most probably?
15. A star at which among the following locations would appear to twinkle more than others normally?
[A]Straight up in Observer’s line of sight
[B]Stars closer to the horizon
[C]Stars closer to poles
[D]None of them