Quiz 579: General Studies for State Civil Services Examinations
1. Consider the following products:
1. Nakshi Kantha
2. E. I. Leather
3. Sujini Embroidery Work
4. Ilkal Sarees
5. Aranmula Kannadi
Which among the following is the correct set of the states producing the above products respectively?
[A]West Bengal, Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan, Karnataka, Kerala
[B]Bihar, Tamil nadu, West Bengal, Andhra Pradesh, Kerala
[C]West Bengal, Tamil Nadu, Bihar, Karnataka, Kerala
[D]Assam, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Kerala, Kerala
2. Consider the following statements in context with Baulk Line and Bonus Line, the terms used in Kabaddi:
1. The distance between the Baulk Line and Bonus Line is 1 meter
2. The crossing of Bonus line by a raider means the raider is out of game
Which among the above statements is/ are correct?
[A]Only 1 is correct
[B]Only 2 is correct
[C]Both 1 & 2 are correct
[D]Neither 1 nor 2 is correct
3. The implied right to privacy is a part of the right to “life” and “personal liberty” enshrined under which among the following articles of Constitution of India?
4. In which year, Liaquat–Nehru Pact was signed?
5. Consider the following statements:
1. ‘Sports’ is a State subject under Entry No.33 of List-II (State List) of the Seventh Schedule of the Constitution of India.
2. Currently, there is a Constitution Amendment Bill which proposes transfer of the subject ‘Sports’ from the State List to the Concurrent List of the Constitution of India
3. Union Government can not legislate on the matters of Sports Development
Which among the above statements is / are correct?
[A]Only 1 is correct
[B]1 & 2 are correct
[C]1 & 3 are correct
[D]All are correct
6. India, as a member of which among the following groups has primarily focused on issues such as special safeguard mechanisms and special products that are available to the developing countries to defend sensitivities of millions of resource-poor farmers?
7. Consider the following:
1. Burnpur in West Bengal
2. Chandrapur in Maharastra
3. Salem in Tamil Nadu
4. Vijaynagar in Karnataka
For which of the following, the above are famous ?
[D]Iron Ore Mines
8. In which of the following countries, National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) conducted overseas operation since their operationalization in 2006?
9. If a moving body turns its speed to 1.5 times, what will be the impact on its kinetic energy?
[A]will become 1.5 times
[B]will become 3 times
[C]will become 2.25 times
[D]will become 6 times
10. Via which of the following, the Ministry of Finance is required to review every quarter the trends in Receipts and Expenditure in relation to the Budget and place it before both Houses of Parliament?
[A]Constitution of India
[B]Responsibility and Budget Management Act 2003
[C]Finance Acts of every year
[D]Order of President of India
11. The 1,020 MW Tala hydroelectric project is the biggest joint project between India and Bhutan so far. On which of the following rivers, this project is constructed?
12. Consider the following matches:
1. Kena Upanishad : Sam Veda
2. Katha Upanishad: Krishna yajurveda
3. Prasna Upanishad : Samveda
4. Mandukya Upanishad: atharvaveda
Which among the above is / are correct?
[A] 1, 2, 3,
[B] 1, 2, 4,
[C] 2, 3, 4,
[D] all are correct
13. Consider the following situations:
1. The President is of the belief that the Speaker and Deputy Speaker of the Lok Sabha must vacate their offices
2. The Ruling party has lost the confidence in the House and now a new party has claimed to form Government in center
3. Lok Sabha is just dissolved
In which among the above situations, the Speaker and Deputy Speaker of the Lok Sabha have to vacate their offices?
[C]1 or 3 only
[D]none of them
14. Who among the following headed the Arbital Tribunal set up for the settlements of unresolved questions between India and Pakistan at the time of partition?
[A]Sir Maurice Gwyer
[B]Sir Henery Torrens
[C]Sir Patrick Spens
15. In which year, India Office of the Secretary of State for India and Burma came to an end ?