Quiz 572: Current Affairs for IBPS Clerical Exam 2011
1. Microcredit or microfinance is a novel approach to banking with the poor through Self Help Groups or SHGs. However, the Microfinance Institutions or MFI’s have now replaced the SHGs with JLGs. What does the JLG most commonly stands for?
[A]Joint Lending Groups
[B]Joint Liability Groups
[C]Joint Local Groups
[D]Joint Lenders Groups
2. Which among the following service does not belong to Google?
3. Consider the following:
1. Repo Rate
2. Reverse Repo Rate
3. Cash Reserve Ratio
4. Statutory Liquidity Ratio
Which among the above are called Statutory Pre-emptions?
[A]1 & 2
[B]2 & 3
[C]3 & 4
[D]1 & 4
4. Which among the following was the main objective of the Fiscal Responsibility and Budget Management Act, 2003?
[A]Achieve Fiscal Surplus
[B]Eliminate Revenue deficit
[C]Eliminate Fiscal Deficit
[D]Stop Money Laundering
5. Which among the following body regulates Mutual Funds in India?
6. Which among the following is the venue of the recent (October 2011) Commonwealth Heads of Government meeting (CHOGM)?
7. Rajat Gupta, a prominent Indian-Americans recently surrendered before the FBI in New York in the case of insider trading scam. He belongs to which among the following companies?
[D]J.P. Morgan & Co.
8. Cristina Fernández de Kirchner has been recently reelected for a second term as President of which among the following countries?
9. NATO’s Operation Unified Protector was conducted in which among the following countries recently?
10. Recently, the Government has decided to launch a Dam Rehabilitation and Improvement Project (DRIP) for rehabilitation of 223 Dams in the States of Kerala, Madhya Pradesh, Orissa and Tamil Nadu with the assistance of which among the following bodies?
[B]International Monetary Fund
[C]Asian Development Bank
[D]International Bank for Reconstruction and Development
11. The Government has recently decided to augment the capital base of which among the following institutions by infusing 3000 crore rupees as government’s equity?
12. Recently, the Government has decided to raise its quota in the International Monetary Fund, IMF from 2.44 to which among the following fractions so that India will be among the 10 largest quota share holders at the IMF?
13. Recently, the Government has approved a new Manufacturing policy, which aims to create one hundred million jobs in next 10 years. Government wants to lift the share of manufacturing sector in the GDP to 25 per cent in the next decade. What is the current (approximate) share of manufacturing sector in the GDP?
14. National Optical Fiber Network will be providing broadband connectivity to which among the following?
15. India has been providing assistance to which among the following neighbors for strengthening and extension of embankments along Lalbakeya, Bagmati and Kamla rivers?