Quiz 573: Current Affairs October 2011 for Bank Clerical and Other Exams
1. The students of which among the following institutions have built the “Jugnu” satellite which is a remote-sensing satellite that will monitor vegetation and water-bodies?
2. Consider the following statements about the Megha-Tropiques satellite which has been recently placed in orbit via the PSLV-C18 flight:
1. It will study only the tropical and subtropical parts of India only
2. Its is a joint mission of India and Germany
3. It will give information on weather in the short-term only
Which among the above statements is/ are correct?
[A]1 & 2
[B]2 & 3
[D]None of them
3. About which among the following missiles, India claims that it is first anti-tank missile which has a complete fiberglass structure?
4. Truong Tan Sang, who recently visited India is the president of which among the following countries?
5. Which among the following offices has recently become India’s first digital signature enabled department.?
[A]Directorate General of Supplies and Disposal (DGS&D)
[B]Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT)
[C]Department of Income Tax
[D]Agricultural and processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA)
6. Who among the following is the winner of 26th Indira Gandhi Award for National Integration?
[B]Amjad Ali Khan
[D]Prof. Jagdish Bhagwati
7. Recently, Ministry of Commerce had introduced a new ‘Niryat Bandhu’ scheme for mentoring first generation entrepreneurs. Who are Niryat Bandhus as per this scheme?
8. What is the new organism M. chilensis recently found in sea water of Chile?
9. Who among the following was recently awarded Lal Bahadur Shastri National Award 2011 for excellence in Public Administration, academics and Management ?
[A]N. R. Madhava Menon
[C]Satyabrata Rai Chowdhuri
10. Who among the following is the author of The Sense of an Ending?
11. The Ex Eastern Bridge – 2011, was a joint exercise between the airforces of India and ___?
12. In which among the following states of India, the National Institute of Mountaineering & Allied Sports (NIMAS) is being set up?
[B]Jammu & Kashmir
13. For which among the following products, Ramganj Mandi near Kota Rajasthan was making news recently?
[D]National Investment Zone
14. Consider the following:
Which among the above schemes related to women in India follows empowerment through Self Help Groups ?
[B]1 & 2
[C]1, 2 & 3
[D]3 & 4
15. The composite-bodied Boeing 787 Dreamliner recently made its first commercial flight between ____?
[A]Hongkong and Tokyo
[B]Tokyo and New York
[C]New York and Washington
[D]Washington and Tokyo