Quiz 542: (SBI PO) Finance and Business Current Affairs
1. Which among the following organization compiles the Global Hunger Index (GHI)?
(A)United Nations World Food Programme
(B)United Nations Development Programme
(C)International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI)
(D)Food and Agriculture Organization of United Nations
2. Which among the following economists is best known for his concepts of New Trade Theory and New Economic Geography?
(A)Edward C Prescot
(C)Edmund S Phelps
3. Which of the following country is India’s top trading partner?
4. Recently RBI governor D Subbarao has pointed out that “recent global macro economic developments pose some risks to domestic growth.” What does he refer to by using the term “domestic growth”?
(A)Per Capita Income
(B)Gross Domestic Product
(C)Net National product
(D)Net National Product per capita
5. Lending rates are expected to rise further in the coming months because the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) is likely to ………………….. Which among the following would fill the space correctly?
(A)Increase policy rates
(B)Decrease Policy Rates
(C)Conduct Open Market Operations
(D)Conduct Repo Auctions
6. Recently we read in the newspapers that in the country , there are undoubtedly, negative risks to the fiscal deficit target of 4.6 per cent for 2011-12. Which among the following does not poses such risk to the fiscal deficit targets?
(A)The higher Fuels, Food and Fertilizers prices
(B)Burden of Subsidy
(C)Low collection of Tax Revenue
(D)Lower external commercial borrowings
7. Recently, Kaushik Basu said that “Short-term growth can be compromised to contain higher inflation rate as the country needs to retain long-term growth prospects of the economy”. Who is Kaushik Basu?
(A)Deputy Governor of RBI
(B)Member of Planning Commission
(C)Chief economic advisor to the Finance Ministry
(D)Chairman of Prime Minister’s Economic Advisory Council
8. A news item published in a Financial News Paper in June 2011 said:
“FDI in _______________retail will increase efficiency of the supply chain management for agri products and will ensure higher price to farmers. It will also create opportunities for small producers to export their produce to international markets,”
Which among the following is a correct word that fits well in the blank space?
9. Makran is located in which among the following ?
(B)Indian Ocean near southern coast of Sri Lanka
(C)Bay of Bengal
10. Who among the following had written the books “Reintegrating India with the World Economy’ and ‘Understanding Reforms’.?
(D)C K Prahalad
11. What was the initial growth target of the Eleventh Plan (2007-08 to 2011-12) on an average a year?
12. In the first four years of the Eleventh Plan, Indian economy expanded by which among the following fractions?
13. As per the news published in several newspapers, the Government wants to spend which among the following amounts on Infrastructure in the 12th Five-Year Plan (2012-13 to 2016-17) ?
(A)Rs. 1 Trillion
(B)US$ 1 Trillion
(C)Rs. 500 Billion
(D)US$ 500 Billion
14. Who among the following is the head of National Skill Development Coordination Board?
(D)Montek Singh Ahluvalia
15. Recently we read in the newspapers that World Bank has now endorsed a long-standing proposal that governments should impose a carbon levy. What is Carbon Levy?
(A)It’s a tax levied on jet and shipping fuel to finance climate change mitigation
(B)It’s a tax levied on carbon fuel
(C)It’s a tax levied on production of fossil fuel and coal
(D)It’s a tax levied on production of coal only
Read about Carbon Tax