Quiz 541 : General Studies for UPSC Examinations
1. All Minority Educational Institutions are entitled to exercise rights enshrined in which among the following articles of Constitution of India?
2. All most all of Iron Ore Production of India (96%) is confined to which among the following five states of India?
(A)Orissa, Karnataka, Chhattisgarh, Goa and Jharkhand
(B)Orissa, Karnataka, Chhattisgarh, Andhra Pradesh and Tamil Nadu
(C)Orissa, Karnataka, Chhattisgarh, Bihar & Jharkhand
(D)Orissa, Karnataka, Chhattisgarh, West Bengal and Uttar Pradesh
3. Along with Jatropha, the seed oil of which among the following plants has been found to be useful in diesel generators being explored in hundreds of projects throughout India and other developing countries as feedstock for biodiesel?
4. Aluminum is getting popular worldwide today as a “Green Metal”. Which among the following properties of Aluminum makes it a Green Metal?
(A)Aluminum has been providing a replacement of wood for saving forests and contributes in environment protection
(B)Aluminum is a light metal and it is resistant to corrosion
(C)Aluminum has fairly high rate of recycling and it can be re-used repeatedly without its quality deteriorating.
(D)The lands after the Bauxite mining can be restored very quickly and easily
5. An antenna in a Geostationary satellite should have a minimum beam width of which among the following values to cover the entire earth?
6. An aqueous solution of Sodium Acetate will be of which among the following nature?
(D)Either acidic or basic depending upon temperature of solution
7. Antipyretic medicines are used for which among the following purposes?
9. Apart from Karnataka, which among the following state has reported production of Gold in India?
9. Approximately what fraction of India’s Gross Geographical area comes under the Protected Areas?
10. As a similar term to the “Cricket Diplomacy” between India and Pakistan, the “Ping Pong Diplomacy” of early 1970s is related to which among the following two countries?
(A)China and Russia
(B)China & Japan
(C)China & United States
(D)China & India
11. As per the Constitution 115th Amendment Bill, which among the following tax levied by the State Governments has been subsumed in the GST?
12. As per the Constitution of India, a new All India service can be instituted with only on the initiative of which among the following?
(C)2/3rd of the States of India
13. As per the Government of India act 1919, the life of the Council of State and Legislative Assembly were as follows:
(A)5 Years , 3 years
(B)3 Years, 5 years
(C)5 years, 5 years
(D)3 Years, 3 Years
14. As per the latest data, in which of the following minerals, India’s rank in world production is highest?
15. As per the latest data, which among the following is NOT a major manganese producing state in India?