GK & Current Affairs: September 13, 14, 2014
1. Which nationalized Indian Bank has recently completed 150 years of its operations in Sri Lanka?
[B]Punjab and Sind Bank
[C]Bank of Maharashtra
[D]State Bank of India
State Bank of India
State Bank of India, Colombo was set up in 1864 and has been operational ever since. It was initially opened to handle exports of coffee.
2. The new project Sech-Bandhu Prakalpa launched by the Government of West Bengal is a great gift to farmers in the state which will increase yields. What does the project provide to farmers?
Better irrigation by provision of 46000 new pump sets with power connection. This will give a new Philip to crop irrigation and thereby improve yield.
3. Who is the first Indian woman to scale the highest peak in all continents?
[C]Gurmayum Anita Devi
Bachendri Pal was the first woman to conquer Mount Everest and Premlata Agarwal the first one to scale the highest peak in all continents.
4. Which Indian shuttler has recently won the Indonesian Masters Grand Prix in Indonesia?
H.S. Prannoy has won the Indonesian Masters Grand Prix in Indonesia. It was his maiden title.
5. As per the sixth Economic Census, 2013, which state in India has the highest number of hired workers?
Arunachal Pradesh has the highest percentage of hired workers among all States across a broad spectrum of sectors of economy.
6. Consider the following:
1. Wuxi Classic
2. Australian Goldfields Open
3. Shanghai Masters
Which among the above are snooker tournaments?
[A]Only 1 & 2
[B]Only 2 & 3
[C]Only 1 & 3
[D]1, 2 & 3
1, 2 & 3
7. What is the upper age limit set by RBI for MDs and CEOs of the private sector banks recently?
Bringing forth the Companies Act, 2013 under Section 196(3), RBI has capped the maximum age at 70 years for a managing director, chief executive officer or whole time director in a private bank. Minimum age is also fixed to be 21 years.
8. Which day has been recently decided by the US Senate as the US-India Partnership Day?
A bipartisan resolution introduced by Mark Warner of Democratic Party, was passed by US Senate to mark the importance of US-India partnership in the 21st century. The resolution declared September 30 as the US-India Partnership Day.
9. In which of the following languages has Union Information and Broadcasting Ministry not launched the sms services of All India Radio?
The Union Information and Broadcasting Ministry has launched sms services of All India Radio in 5 languages namely: Hindi, Marathi, Sanskrit, Dogri and Nepali.
10. Who was India’s flag bearer at the 17th Asian Games opening ceremony?
Sardar Singh, captain of Indian Hockey team was the flag bearer of Indian contingent at the 17th Asian Games.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|