GK & Current Affairs: September 11, 12, 2014
1. Which Prime Minister of India had started the Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana?
[A]PV Narsimha Rao
[C]Atal Bihari Vajpayee
Atal Bihari Vajpayee
Atal Bihari Vajpayee started the PMGSY which is news due to the recent road projects which will be developed by the government in Jammu and Kashmir.
2. WHO is supplying a free drug to India Liposomal Amphoterecin B for total eradication of __?
WHO is supplying a free drug to India Liposomal Amphoterecin B which is an intravenous drug to support the Union Health Ministry to completely eradicate a deadly disease from parts of Bihar, Jharkhand, West Bengal etc.
3. With how many permanent members of United Nations Security Council India has civil nuclear pact signed?
China is the only P5 nation with which India does not have a nuclear pact in place. With rest four (UK, US, France, Russia), India has signed nuclear deals.
4. According to the Global Competitiveness Report 2014,which is the most competitive economy?
Switzerland is the most competitive economy followed by Singapore and USA. The report was first was launched by Klaus Schwab, Founder and Executive Chairman of the World Economic Forum.
5. What is the name given to military exercises conducted between India and Nepal?
Exercise Surya Kiran
Exercise Surya Kiran is the military exercises conducted between India and Nepal. Recently Surya Kiran VII was conducted at Pithoragarh.
6. Firoza Begum, who passed away recently, was a legendary singer in __?
[C]Hindustani Classical Music
Firoza Begum from Dhaka, a legendary Nazrul singer passed away on September 09. She was 84. She sang and mastered Nazrul Sangeet, a musical work composed by Bengali poet Kazi Nazrul Islam.
7. Who among the following is the youngest sailor to represent India at the Asian Games, 2014?
Chitresh Tatha, 12 is the youngest sailor to represent Indian team at the Asian Games,2014. He sails in the Optimist Dinghy category.
8. Union Home Ministry has inaugurated the integration of Border Security Force with which of the following projects of the Gujarat Government at Bhuj, Gujarat?
BISAG-Bhaskaracharya Institute for Space Applications and Geo Informatics will now work in tandem with the Gujarat government as there was a need for dedicated, encrypted channel for Para Military Forces.
9. Which of the following is not a part of the new office of Intellectual Property Office of India, launched by the Union Ministry of Commerce?
[A]International Searching Authority (ISA)
[B]International Preliminary Examining Authority (IPEA)
[C]Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT).
[D]International Property Examining Authority(IPA)
International Property Examining Authority(IPA)
The new office of the IPOI will be dedicated to the first three wings.
10. According to a recent SC verdict what quota has been alloted to disabled persons in all government jobs?
SC has ruled for 3% quota for all government jobs for disabled persons. The ruling was given by a 3-judge bench including the CJI.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|