GK & Current Affairs: October 21, 22, 2014
1. Who among the following is a golf player?
Golfer Anirban Lahiri has recently won the Venetian Macau Open championship. He notched up his second title of the year, with a sparkling final round of five-under 66. In this question, Pankaj Advani and Geet Sethi are snooker players while Hetul Shah is a Chess player.
2. Recently, which among the following actors have won the Global Diversity Award 2014?
Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan was presented with the Global Diversity Award 2014 for his outstanding achievements in the field of cinema and his contributions in philanthropic endeavours.
3. Who has been appointed as the new head of Kalakshetra Foundation by the Union Government Ministry of Culture?
[C]Karunaker K Menon
The government has appointed former Chief Election Commissioner N Gopalaswami as the new chairman of the governing board of the Chennai-based Kalakshetra Foundation.
4. With reference to the recently launched first ever National Mental Health Policy, which among the following is / are correct statements?
1. To provide access to universal psychiatric care
2. It was adopted under Resolution WHA 65.4adopted at the 65th World Health Assembly held in Geneva in 2012
3. Indian government spends 0.06% of its health budget on mental health, according to the World Health Organization’s Mental Health Atlas of 2011
Select the correct option from the codes given below
[A]Only 1 & 2
[B]Only 1 & 3
[C]Only 2 & 3
[D]1, 2 & 3
1, 2 & 3
All three provisions are true about the new National Mental Health Policy.
5. The Sansad Adarsh Gram Yojana was launched on the birth anniversary of __?
[B]Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel
[C]Jai Prakash Narayan
[D]Shaheed Bhagat Singh
Jai Prakash Narayan
PM Narendra Modi launched Saansad Adarsh Gram Yojana (SAGY) on the birth anniversary of Lok Nayak Jai Prakash Narayan.
6. Which among the following will be the nodal officer for implementing the Sansad Adarsh Gram Yojana?
The scheme will be implemented by a village development plan that would be prepared for every identified gram panchayat. The MPLADS, would be available to fill critical financing gaps. The planning process in each village will be a participatory exercise coordinated by the nodal officer, the District Collector. The MP will play an active facilitating role in this exercise.
7. Which among the following is / are correct statements with respect to the IRNSS-1C?
1. It was launched by a Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle
2. It carried a payload namely a C-band transponders to help in laser ranging. (to help Military / artillery range estimation)
3. It was the launched from Satish Dhawan Space Centre in Sriharikota
Select the correct option from the codes given below:
[A]Only 1 & 2
[B]Only 2 & 3
[C]Only 1 & 3
[D]1, 2 & 3
1, 2 & 3
All three provisions are correct about the launch of IRNSS-1C, which is the third navigation satellite.
8. Which among the following countries does not have a fully functional global navigation system?
Only 3 countries have USA,Russia and China. USA has GPS, Russia has GLONASS and China has Beidou as the navigation systems.
9. A Nobel Prize in each category can be shared among maximum?
A maximum of 3 persons can be awarded a Nobel Prize in each category. Each of the nominated persons should be alive.
10. What is the ranking of India in the recently released Global Hunger Index?
India’s position in the GHI 2014 is 55 out of 76 nations. Last year India was at 63rd position. Even though its position has improved but it is still far behind countries like Thailand, China, Ghana, Iraq, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Bangladesh and Pakistan.
Category: Daily Current Affairs Quiz « Previous QuizNext Quiz »