GK & Current Affairs : October 19, 20, 2014
1. Who among the following is the 2014 winner of Sveriges Riksbank Prize in Economic Sciences in Memory of Alfred Nobel?
[A] Robert J. Shiller
[B] Lloyd S. Shapley
[C]Thomas J. Sargent
“Sveriges Riksbank Prize in Economic Sciences in Memory of Alfred Nobel” is the official name of Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Sciences. Jean Tirole has won this price for his “Analysis of market power and regulation” His work gained popularity after the 2008 meltdown.
2. What is the new price of domestically produced natural gas as decided by the Central Government recently?
[A]$4.2 per mBtu
[B]$5.61 per mBtu
[C]$6.72 per mBtu
[D]$8.61 per mBtu
$5.61 per mBtu
The government has decided to increase prices of domestically produced natural gas from the existing $4.2 per mBtu to $5.61 per mBtu
3. According to the IMF’s latest world economy outlook, India is poised to become a $2 trillion economy this year. In which year, India is expected to cross $3 trillion milestone as per the same report?
As per the latest world economic outlook by IMF, India is poised to become a $2 trillion economy this year, while its GDP size would cross another milestone of $three trillion after five years in 2019.
4. The Ebola virus group which causes haemorrhagic fever, has killed over 4,500 people in recent times in some African countries. Which among the following countries is not included in them?
This deadly virus has crossed oceans through infected travellers to US and Europe. The Ebola virus group causes haemorrhagic fever and has killed over 4,500 people in Sierra Leone, Liberia and Guinea apart from sporadic cases in Senegal and Nigeria.
5. According to the RBI regulations, what is the minimum age a children must have completed to open and operate savings bank accounts independently?
The Reserve Bank of India allows children aged 10 years and above to open and operate savings bank accounts independently. The objective is to promote financial inclusion and inculcate the banking habit among children. These accounts offer the facilities of Internet banking, debit card and cheque issuance, and are regularised when the child attains 18 years of age
6. The so called Military Demarcation Line separates __?
[A]China and Taiwan
[B]North Korea and South Korea
[C]Vietnam and Laos
[D]China and Japan
North Korea and South Korea
7. Where are headquarters of the newly formed Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB)?
China led 21 Asian nations, comprising Bangladesh, Brunei, Cambodia, China, India, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Laos, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Oman, Pakistan, the Philippines, Qatar, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Uzbekistan and Vietnam- in forming a multilateral financial front in the form of the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB), being seen as a challenger to the U.S.-backed Bretton Woods institutions. With an initial subscribed capital of $50 billion, the setting up of the Beijing-headquartered AIIB has been welcomed by the World Bank and the Asian Development Bank.
8. Which noted freedom fighter who was part of Subhash Chandra Bose’s Azad Hind Fauj, has recently passed away in his native place at Uttarakhand?
[A]Dr. Lakshmi Swaminathan
[B]Jagdish Chandra Pande
[D]Sardar Ishar Singh
Jagdish Chandra Pande
Jagdish Chandra Pande, a well-noted freedom fighter who was a part of Azad Hind Fauj and also did massive social work after independence died at Almora, Uttarakhand.
9. What is the name of the Earth observing instrument recently installed by NASA on the International Space Station?
[B]Gamma Ray and Neutron Detector
[C]Visible and Infrared Mapping Spectrometer
[D]The Framing Camera
National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)successfully installed and activated its first Earth-observing instrument ISS-RapidScat (ISS Rapid Scatterometer) on the International Space Station (ISS).
10. Who has been awarded the Kishore Kumar Award for 2012-13?
[C]Lyricist Javed Akhtar
Lyricist Sameer won the National Kishore Kumar Award 2012-13 at the legend’s birthplace Khandwa in MP. The award comprises a cash prize of Rs. 2 lakh, citation, shawl and shreefal.
Category: Daily Current Affairs Quiz « Previous QuizNext Quiz »