GK & Current Affairs: March 14, 2015
1. The Lake Titicaca (highest navigable lake in the world) is on the border of ____?
[A]Brazil and Bolivia
[B]Peru and Bolivia
[C]Chile and Colombo
[D]Chile and Suriname
Answer: Peru and Bolivia
The Lake Titicaca is the highest navigable lake in the world. The lake is on the border of Peru and Bolivia. It has surface elevation of 3,812m (12,507 ft). By volume of water, it is the largest lake in the South America.
2. Which country is the world’s largest producer and export of the cocoa?
Answer: Ivory Coast
Ivory Coast leads the world in production and export of the cocoa beans. This country supplies around 33% cocoa of the world. Ivory Coast or Côte d’Ivoire is located in West Africa. West Africa is known as highest cocoa producing region of the world. Apart from Ivory Coast, the other countries such as Ghana, Nigeria, Cameroon and Togo are also large cocoa producing countries in the Western Africa.
3. The per capita availability of eggs per year (2012-13) in India is ____?
The per capita availability of eggs per year was around 57 eggs during 2012-13.
4. The world’s largest marine reserve, Chagos Archipelago is in ____?
[A]Bay of Bengal
Answer: Indian Ocean
Chagos marine reserve is in Indian Ocean. It is the largest no take marine reserve with more than 540,000 km2. The marine said to be one of the world’s richest marine ecosystem.
5. Recently, India and which country signed agreement on mutual protection of classified information?
India and Spain signed Agreement on Mutual Protection of Classified Information. The agreement aims to provide the framework for enhanced cooperation in the defence sector. The Agreement was signed by the Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar and his Spanish counterpart Pedro Morenes Eulate.
6. Carlos Slim Helu, who is currently no.2 richest person in the world, is a business magnate from which country?
Carlos Slim Helú is a Mexican business magnate, investor, and philanthropist. He is popularly known as the “Warren Buffett of Mexico”. Currently, Slim is the chairperson and chief executive of telecommunications companies Telmex and América Móvil. He has been ranked world’s second richest person by Forbes 2015.
7. The Xian Y-20 is a large military aircraft developed by which country?
The Y-20 is a new Chinese transport aircraft. It was developed by Xian Aircraft Corporation (XAC) with Russian and Ukrainian assistance. The Y-20 made its first flight in 2013. It is expected to enter service with Chinese air force in the near future.
8. Which one of the following countries is not in the Indian Ocean?
Mozambique is a country in Southeast Africa. The capital and largest city is Maputo. The island countries within the Indian Ocean include: Madagascar, Bahrain, Comoros, Maldives, Mauritius, Seychelles and Sri Lanka. Bahrain is located in the Persian Gulf, which itself is an extension of the Indian Ocean (Gulf of Oman) via Strait of Hormuz.
9. As on March, 2015, how many SAARC countries have sent satellites into space?
Till date only two SAARC countries viz., India and Pakistan have sent satellite into space. As per the reports, among SAARC countries, India got the maximum number of satellite operating in various orbits. Pakistan launched its first indigenously developed satellite from China on July 16, 1990.
10. India has been assisting to build Sampur Coal Power Project in which country?
Answer: Sri Lanka
The Sampur coal power project is a large coal fired power station currently under construction in Sampur, Sri Lanka. The coal power plant is a joint venture project between the Ceylon Electricity Board and the National Thermal Power Corporation Ltd of India.
Category: Daily Current Affairs Quiz « Previous QuizNext Quiz »