GK & Current Affairs: March 15, 2015
1. The Finance Bill 2015-16 envisages merging the Forward Market Commission with ___?
[A]Reserve Bank of India
[B]Securities and Exchange Board of India
[C]Competition Commission of India
Answer: Securities and Exchange Board of India
The Finance bill 2015-16 has proposed to merge the commodity markets regulator, Forward Market Commission, with SEBI.
2. NASA’s Cassini spacecraft has provided evidence on presence of hydrothermal activity on which Saturn’s moon?
NASA’s Cassini spacecraft has detected hydrothermal activity on the seafloor of Saturn’s icy moon Enceladus. The finding adds the tantalising possibility that the moon could contain environment suitable for living organisms.
3. The Mozambique Channel in the Indian Ocean located between which two countries?
[A]Mozambique and Mauritius
[B]Mauritius and Comoros
[C]Comoros and Seychelles
[D]Madagascar and Mozambique
Answer: Madagascar and Mozambique
The Mozambique Channel is located between Madagascar and Mozambique. It is 460 kilometres at its narrowest point.
4. Which is the only regenerative organ in the human body?
The liver is the only human internal organ capable of natural regeneration of lost tissue.
5. Recently, which state government has announced Pashu Bhagya scheme that provides subsidies to farmers to set up cattle, sheep, goat and poultry units?
Karnataka state government has announced the Pashu Bhagya scheme that that provides subsidies to farmers to set up cattle, sheep, goat and poultry units. The scheme was announced during state budget 2015. The scheme seeks to provide subsidy to the tune of 33 per cent to farmers from SC/ST and 25 per cent to other small and marginal farmers on the loans to a maximum extent of Rs 1.20 lakh availed from commercial bank.
6. As per the latest data by health ministry, which state has registered highest swine flu death in the country?
As per the health ministry data swine flu has claimed the lives of 1,710 people and 29,558 have been infected by it across the country. The death toll was highest in Gujarat where 382 people have perished to the disease. Gujarat is followed by Rajasthan (375), Maharashtra (288) and Madhya Pradesh (237).
7. The Mesabi Range in the United States is known for vast deposit of which ore?
The Mesabi Range is a vast deposit of iron ore in the Minnesota state of US. It is the chief deposit of iron ore in the United States.
8. The brand ambassador of the Northeast region is __?
Answer: Mary Kom
Olympic medal winning boxer MC Mary Kom is being appointed as the brand ambassador of the Northeast region. Kom appointment is intended to showcase the various aspects of the region including the cultural and business.
9. Who among the following has become the first Indian man to win Swiss Grand Prix title?
Answer: Kidambi Srikanth
Indian shuttler Kidambi Srikanth oust defending champion Viktor Axelsen and clinch the men’s singles title at the $120,000 Swiss Open Grand Prix Gold. In the final the top seed defeated the Dane 21-15, 12-21, 21-14. This is the first time an Indian male has won the title after compatriot Saina Nehwal clinched back-to-back women’s singles crowns in 2011 and 2012.
10. The scheme “Bringing Green Revolution to Eastern India (BGREI)” aims to maximize the yield of which two crops?
[A]Rice and Barley
[B]Barley and Wheat
[C]Rice and Wheat
[D]Rice and Maize
Answer: Rice and Wheat
The program of “Bringing Green Revolution to Eastern India (BGREI)” a lateral to Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana (RKVY) was initially launched in 2010-11 in eastern India comprising seven states namely; Assam, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, Odisha, Eastern Uttar Pradesh and West Bengal. The objectives of the program are yield maximization of rice and wheat per unit area by improving agronomy, water harvesting and conservation and water utilization (recycling of conserved water-surface water as well as groundwater).
Category: Daily Current Affairs Quiz « Previous QuizNext Quiz »