GK & Current Affairs: March 16, 17, 2015
1. In which country, Indian Prime Minister has inaugurated the first of the eight Coastal Surveillance Radar Systems (CSRS) being set up by India?
PM Modi inaugurated the first of the eight Coastal Surveillance Radar Systems (CSRS) being set up by India in Seychelles. During his visit to Seychelles the two nations signed four agreements for cooperation in hydrography, renewable energy, infrastructure development and hydro-graphic survey. Another important agreement is for infrastructure development in the Assumption Island.
2. Winner of Ranji Trophy-2015 is __?
Defending champions Karnataka clinched their eighth Ranji Trophy title by defeating Tamil Nadu.
3. Which Asian country successfully launched the first indigenous armed drone called Burraq on March, 2015?
Pakistan has successfully launched an indigenously developed armed drone and test-fired its laser-guided missiles. The drone, named Burraq, has the ability to fly in all types of weather conditions and strike its targets with pinpoint accuracy.
4. The National Pharma Pricing Authority (NMPPA) comes under the purview of which ministry?
[A]Ministry of Health
[B]Ministry of Home
[C]Ministry of Chemical and Fertilizer
[D]Ministry of Consumer Affairs
Answer: Ministry of Chemical and Fertilizer
At present the Central Drugs Standard Control Organisation (CDSCO) and Drug Controller General of India (DGCI), which deal in regulatory control over the import of drugs, approval of new drugs and clinical trials, are governed by the Health Ministry. Whereas, National Pharma Pricing Authority (NPPA), which sets the price limit on essential medicines, comes under Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilisers.
5. Which among the following is not an autonomous region of China?
Autonomous Regions are provincial level administrative division of China, like province, an autonomous region has its own local government, but has more legislative rights. Autonomous Region is a minority entity which has higher population of a particular minority ethnic group. China has 5 autonomous regions: Guangxi, Inner Mongolia, Ningxia, Tibet (Xizang) and Xinjiang.
6. Which of the following measures the value of a currency against a basket of other currencies?
[A]Real Exchange Rate
[B]Effective Exchange Rate
[C]Real Effect Exchange Rate
[D]Nominal Exchange Rate
Answer: Real Effect Exchange Rate
Real Effect Exchange Rate (REER) is the weighted average of a country’s currency relative to an index or basket of other major currencies adjusted for the effects of inflation. The weights are determined by comparing the relative trade balances, in terms of one country’s currency, with each other country within the index.
7. By defeating which country, Indian women team has won the FIH Hockey World League Round 2?
India beat Poland to clinch the FIH Hockey World League Round 2 at Major Dhyan Chan Stadium, New Delhi.
8. World Consumer Rights Day is observed on which date?
Answer: March 15
15 March is celebrated as World Consumer Rights Day (WCRD). It marks the date in 1962 President John F Kennedy first outlined the definition of Consumer Rights. WCRD was first observed on 15 March 1983, and has since become an important occasion for mobilising citizen action.
9. Which type of coal has the fewest impurities and the highest calorific content?
Anthracite, also called hard coal, the most highly metamorphosed form of coal. It contains more fixed carbon than any other form of coal and the least amount of volatile matter and it has calorific values near 35 mega joules per kilogram.
10. What is India’s female labour force participation rate at present?
India’s female labour force participation rate is currently at 33 per cent. This means only 125 million of the 380 million working-age Indian women are currently part of the labour force. It is much lower than the global average of 50 per cent and well below East Asia’s average of 63 per cent.
Category: Daily Current Affairs Quiz « Previous QuizNext Quiz »