GK & Current Affairs: March 17, 18, 2015
1. Who is the current president of the US-India Business Council (USIBC)?
Answer: Mukesh Aghi
Mukesh Aghi is the new president of the US-India Business Council (USIBC). USIBC was established in 1975. It is the premier business advocacy organisation advancing US-India commercial ties.
2. Who won the world’s first Global Teacher Prize which is widely known as Nobel Prize for teaching?
[A]Kiran Bir Sethi
Answer: Nancie Atwell
Nancie Atwell, a teacher at the Centre for Teaching and Learning in Edgecomb, Maine, US, has been named as the first winner of the one million dollar global teacher prize, widely known as Nobel Prize for teaching. India’s Kiran Bir Sethi was also a finalist lost out to Atwell.
3. Which of the following conducts the Annual Survey of Industries (ASI)?
[A]Central Statistics Office
[B]National Sample Survey Organisation
[C]Ministry of Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises
[D]Ministry of Economy
Answer: Central Statistics Office
The annual survey of industries is conducted by central statistical office (CSO) industrial statistics wing. ASI is the principal source of industrial statistics in India.
4. Which of the following was the venue of 3rd UN World Conference on Disaster Risk Reduction?
[A]New Delhi, India
[D]Jaffna, Sri Lanka
Answer: Sendai, Japan
The third world conference on disaster risk reduction was held from 14 to 18 March in Sendai city, Japan. The conference has been convened since 1994. In, 1994 first world conference on disaster risk reduction was held in Yokohama. The second world conference on disaster risk reduction was held in Kobe, Japan in 2005.
5. Who among the following has been inducted as life president of the Asian Athletics Association?
Answer: Suresh Kalmadi
Suresh Kalmadi has been made life president of the Asian Athletics Association for his work in the development of athletics in the continent during his 13 year tenure as the head of the organisation from 2000.
6. According to Annual Survey of Industries (2012-13), which state has highest number of registered manufacturing factories?
As per the annual survey of industries 2012-13, Maharashtra has more number of registered manufacturing factories in the country followed by Gujarat, Tamil Nadu and Karnataka.
7. Who among the following has won the 2015 Australia Grand Prix-Formula One World Championship?
Answer: Lewis Hamilton
Lewis Hamilton has won the Australia Grand Prix 2015. Nico Rosberg and Sebastian Vettel came second and third, respectively.
8. The Sudirman Cup is associated with which sport?
The Sudirman Cup is the World Team Badminton Championships, held every two years, and one of the most prestigious titles in the Sport. The Cup is named after Dick Sudirman, a former Indonesian Badminton player and the founder of the Badminton Association of Indonesia (PBSI). The event was first held in Jakarta, Indonesia 24-29 May 1989 with 28 nations taking part and it now attracts more than 50 national teams.
9. Which among of the following parties declared victory in the 2015 Israel legislative election?
The incumbent Prime Minister, Benjamin Netanyahu’s Likud party has won the Israel election with Likud picking up the highest number of votes.
10. Who is the head of the task force set up to define poverty and prepare a road map to alleviate it?
Answer: Arvind Panagariya
Union government has set up a task force, headed by NITI Aayog Vice-Chairman Arvind Panagariya, to define poverty and prepare a road map to alleviate it. The other mandate of the taskforce is to suggest strategies and anti-poverty programmes, including reforms of the existing ones. The other members of the task force include Bibek Debroy, who is a permanent member of the NITI Aayog, social sector experts Rathin Roy and Surjit Bhalla.
Category: Daily Current Affairs Quiz « Previous QuizNext Quiz »