GK & Current Affairs: February 9, 10, 2015
1. In terms of percentage, which of the following metals has highest composition in Polymetalic nodules?
Polymetalic nodules, also called manganese modules, are rock concentrations on the sea bottom formed of concrete layers of iron and manganese hydroxides around a core. Polymetalic nodules are made up of several metals and non metals. Nodules mainly contain manganese (29.40%), iron (6%), aluminium (2.9%), nickel (1.34%), copper (1.25%), cobalt and titanium as the major components.
2. Which one of the following countries will hold the presidency of the BRICS New Development Bank for the first six years?
India will hold the presidency of the BRICS New Development Bank for the first six years. The bank will be based in Shanghai, China. India’s presidency will be followed by Brazil and Russia, who will have five year terms each.
3. As per the latest report by TRAI, teledensity in India is approximately about____?
As per the latest data by TRAI, telecom subscriber in India reached an all time high of 97 crore at the end of December, 2014. Teledensity in the country, which means connection per 100 reached 77
4. Which among the following is the only India city that has been listed in the latest Global Financial Centre Index?
Mumbai is the only Indian city to list in the latest Global Financial Centre Index. Mumbai has been ranked 48th in the list. New York ranked no.1, followed by London, Hong Kong, Singapore and Tokyo in the top five.
5. According to latest data, which among the following states has attracted maximum foreign direct investment (FDI) in the country?
According to Commerce and Industry Ministry data, Maharashtra has attracted maximum foreign inflows at $70.41 billion, about 30% of total foreign direct investment (FDI) inflows during April 2000-November 2014. The National Capital Region (NCR), received $45.77 billion FDI during the period followed by Tamil Nadu ($15.80 billion), Karnataka ($14.17 billion) and Gujarat ($10.18 billion).
6. Which one of the following countries is host of 2015 G-20 groups of countries Summit?
The 2015 G-20 Summit will be held in November on 15-16 in Antalya, Turkey.
7. Which among the following is the smallest country in the African continent?
Seychelles or Republic of Seychelles an archipelago nation of 225 islands is the smallest country in the Africa. However the smallest nation on the continental mainland is the Gambia.
8. Who among the following has won the Malaysian Open 2015?
Answer: Anirban Lahiri
Indian golfer Anirban Lahiri has won the maiden European Tour title in Malaysia. In the final 4th round he defeated Austria’s Bernd Wiesberger by one shot at Kaula Lumpur Golf Club and Country Club.
9. Which of the following preservatives is most commonly used to preserve meat products?
Answer: Sodium nitrate
Sodium nitrite and Sodium benzoate are commonly used to preserve meat products. It prevents bacteria growth and help meat to retain its color.
10. Cumbum Valley, the most fertile valley in South India is located in which state?
Answer: Tamil Nadu
The Cumbum Valley or Kambam Valley is a valley in the Theni district of Tamil Nadu. This is the most fertile valley in south India. It is one of the few places in Tamil Nadu producing grapes and the valley produces about 90,000 tonnes of Muscat grapes and 10,000 tonnes of Thomson seedless grapes every year.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|