GK & Current Affairs: August 21, 22, 2014
1. According to 2014 Nuclear Materials Security Index prepared by Washington-based Nuclear Threat Initiative, what is the new rank of India out of 25 countries with weapons-usable nuclear materials?
The ranking has been widely criticised due to inadequate methodolgy used and also being termed as uninformed.
2. Which British actor and director whose dream project Gandhi won 8 Oscars, passed away last week?
3. Who is / was the first woman judge of Supreme Court of India?
[A]Justice Gyan Sudha Mishra
[B]Justice Fathima Beebi
[C]Justice Ranjana Prakash Desai
[D]Justice R. Banumathi
Justice Fathima Beebi
4. With which among the following countries, India shares the longest boundary?
Bangladesh- 4053 kms China – 3380 kms Nepal – 1690 kms Pakistan – 2912 kms
5. Japanese PM Shinzo Abe will host a traditional Japanese tea ceremony as a rare honor for PM Modi. It is known as:
Japanese PM Shinzo Abe will host Chanoyu for his Indian counterpart PM Modi in Tokyo. It has been used as a political tool by Japanese leaders in the past and is reserved for special guests. PM Modi, most likely will be offered ‘matcha’- a powered green tea during the ceremony.
6. .भारत the new hindi domain launched by Government of India will initially cover 8 Indian languages. Which among the following languages is not included in them?
The new domain .bharat has been launched to make India digitally accessible to all and is extended to 8 languages: Hindi, Konkani, Bodo, Dogri, Maithali, Nepali, Sindhi and Marathi. New languages will be added gradually.
7. Who among the following is a noted Carnatic flute artist?
[C]Sikkil Mala Chandrashekhar
[D]Sri Lalgudi Jayarama Iyer
Sikkil Mala Chandrashekhar
Sikkil Mala Chandrashekhar has been honored by national and international awards. She specializes in Carnatic classical music.
8. Which of the following statements is /are true about Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana? 1. Citizens don’t need a minimum balance to open bank accounts 2. An overdraft facility of Rs. 1 lakh for Aadhar enabled accounts 3. An additional insurance cover of Rs. 30,000 for all those who open accounts before January 26, 2014. Select the correct option from the codes given below:
[A]1 and 2
[B]1 and 3
1 and 3
At the time of opening the bank account, these two will be provided: -Overdraft facility is for Rs.5000 -An instant accident insurance cover of Rs. 1 lakh
9. The Indian government has announced its plans to set-up a high speed train corridor. Currently, what is the maximum speed of long-distance Indian trains?
The high-speed train systems under the construction can reach a speed of 300-350 kmph.
10. Mount Sinjar, which was recently making news, is located in __?
America recently carried out air strikes against Islamic State (ISIS) militants in Iraq to assist Iraqi forces in their effort to break the siege of Mount Sinjar, where people from the surrounding area, mostly from religious minority Yezidis, had fled to take shelter from the jihadists.
Category: Daily Current Affairs Quiz « Previous QuizNext Quiz »