GK & Current Affairs: April 25, 26, 2015
1. Gas hydrates are naturally occurring ice-like substances mainly composed of ___?
Gas hydrates are naturally occurring, crystalline, ice-like substances composed of gas molecule mainly methane and water. Scientific interest in gas hydrates is driven mainly by its potential future role as an energy resource and by the role of methane as a strong greenhouse gas and contributor to global climate change.
2. Which is the nodal agency for access and accredit institution of higher education in India?
The National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NACC) is an autonomous body under UGC which access and accredit institution of higher education in the country. The NAAC was established in 1994 and its headquarters is located in Bangalore.
3. Which bank won the Asian Banker Achievement Award 2015?
[B]Bharatiya Mahila Bank
[C]State Bank of Mysore
Answer: Bharatiya Mahila Bank
Bharatiya Mahila Bank won the Asian Banker Achievement Award 2015 for Technology Implementation in the category of Best Outsourcing Project (New Bank).
4. Recently, India and which country agreed to conserve the “Spectacled Langur”?
India and Bangladesh joined hands to conserve the rare spectacled langur along with other primates found in Patharia Hills Reserve Forest on either side of the countries. The reserve forest is home to the endangered spectacled langur, Hoolock gibbon and golden langur.
5. From time to time, which among the following organizations publishes “Progress of the World’s Women” report?
Answer: United Nations
United Nations Development Fund for Women (UNIFEM) published the Progress of the World’s Women report. The report will focus on women’s access to justice.
6. Which is the venue for the Asian Banker Summit 2015?
Answer: Hong Kong
The 16th Asian Banker Summit was held in Hong Kong. The Asian Banker Summit, is the region’s largest annual meeting of global thought leaders and senior industry practitioners, it is the foremost forum for engaging on global themes bringing together global thought leaders and industry specialists.
7. Who has been awarded with Outstanding Service Award for his service in Singapore?
Answer: Gopinath Pillai
Indian-origin diplomat Gopinath Pillai was honoured with ‘Outstanding Service Award’ for his services to the city-state by the National University of Singapore (NUS). Pillai is currently the Ambassador-at-Large of Singapore and special envoy to Andhra Pradesh.
8. Which region has world’s most skewed gender wage gap?
Answer: South Asia
As the Progress of the World’s Women 2015-2016 report South Asia has the world’s most skewed gender wage gap. It is also among the few regions where the gender labour force participation gap is both large and growing. In South Asia, the gender pay gap is 35 per cent for women with children compared to 14 per cent for those without.
9. Who was honoured with Raj Kapoor Life Time Contribution award by Maharashtra government?
Veteran actress Shashikala was chosen for Raj Kapoor Life Time contribution award, while Vidya Balan was chosen for the Raj Kapoor Special Contribution award by Maharashtra government. The V Shantaram Life Time Achievement Award will be given to veteran cinematographer Suryakant Lavande and the V Shantaram special contribution award will go to actress Sonali Kulkarni.
10. VARUNA is a naval combat exercise between India and which country?
Varuna is a naval combat exercise between India and France. The 14th edition of Varuna started at Goa on April 23, 2015. The 10 day naval exercise will see 12 Rafale fighter jets in action off the Goa coast along with a host of naval assets of both countries. The Indian navy and the French navy have been conducting naval exercise since 1983 and these exercise were rechristened as Varuna in 2001.
Category: Daily Current Affairs Quiz « Previous QuizNext Quiz »