GK & Current Affairs: April 23, 24, 2015
1. Who was awarded with the prestigious Master Deenanath Mangeshkar Award 2015?
Answer: Anil Kapoor
Bollywood actor Anil Kapoor has been honoured with the prestigious Deenanath Mangeshkar award. This was the 73rd edition of the awards. Besides Anil Kapoor, Marathi actor Dilip Prabhalkar was also conferred with the award. Reference
2. Which state has maximum certified area under organic farming?
Answer: Madhya Pradesh
Madhya Pradesh has maximum certified area under organic farming. In Madhya Pradesh certified area of 2.32 lakh hectares under organic farming out of a total 7.23 lakh hectares in India.
3. India and which country finalised a draft pact on coastal shipping, recently?
India and Bangladesh have finalised a draft pact on coastal shipping. The pact would allow river sea vessels (RSVs) to carry cargo between the neighbouring countries.
4. Which country has been named happiest country in the world as per latest World Happiness Report?
Switzerland has been named the happiest country in the World in the latest World Happiness Report. India comes in at the 117th spot out of 158 countries in the report. The other countries in the top five are Iceland, Denmark, Norway and Canada. The report takes into account GDP per capita, life expectancy, social support and freedom to make life choices as indicators of happiness.
5. Which movie has won maximum awards at the International Indian Film Awards?
Haider movie topped at the International Indian Film Awards by grabbing 6 technical awards out of 8 nominations. Vishal Bhardwaj’s Shakespearean adaptation Haider was awarded in six categories including costume designing, background score, sound mixing, sound design, production design and make-up. Queen nabbed two awards for screenplay and editing.
6. Which state has been awarded best e-Panchayat state in 2015 on national Panchayati Raj diwas?
Assam state has been awarded as the best e-Panchayat state on the occasion of National Panchayati Raj diwas. National Panchayati Raj diwas observed every year on 24 April.
7. To which Japanese automobile company, India has become the top global market both in terms of volumes as well as revenues?
India has been topping Suzuki’s global markets both in terms of volumes as well as revenue. The Indian market now ranks among the top five markets globally for almost all the top Japanese automobile brands.
8. Who is the new chief of United Nations mission to fight Ebola (UNMEER)?
[A]Peter Jan Graaff
[B]Ould Cheikh Ahmed
Answer: Peter Jan Graaff
Netherlands Peter Jan Graff has been appointed as new chief of UN mission to fight Ebola. Graff is replacing Ismail Ould Cheikh at UNMEER, after the Mauritanian diplomat was appointed to special UN envoy for Yemen.
9. Who was the only U.S President to be awarded a Pulitzer Prize?
[A]John F. Kennedy
[B]George W Bush
Answer: John F. Kennedy
John F. Kennedy was the only US president to award with Pulitzer Prize. He was awarded the 1957 Pulitzer Prize for his book “Profiles in Courage”.
10. Recently, India has delivered three Cheetal military choppers to which neighbouring country?
India has delivered three military choppers to Afghanistan ahead of the first visit by Afghanistan President Ashraf Ghani to New Delhi.
Category: Daily Current Affairs Quiz « Previous QuizNext Quiz »