GK & Current Affairs: February 16, 17, 2015
1. Which one of the following pairs is not correctly matched?
[A]Kunal Bahl & Rohit Bansal- Snapdeal
[B]Sachin Bansal & Binny Bansal- Red Bus
[C]Deepinder goyal & Pankaj Chaddah – Zomato
[D]Bhavish Aggarwal & Ankit Bhati – Ola Cab
Answer: Sachin Bansal & Binny Bansal- Red Bus
Sachin Bansal & Binny Bansal founded the E-Commerce company flipkart in 2007.
2. The World Radio Day is observed on which date?
Answer: February 13
World Radio Day is observed on 13 February every year. It was proclaimed on 3 November 2011 by UNESCO’s 36th general assembly.
3. The three member Special Investigation Team (SIT) headed by Pramod Asthana is to probe__?
[A]Bhopal Gas Tragedy
[B]Anti-Sikh riot cases
[C]Ganga river pollution
[D]Illegal Money laundering
Answer: Anti-Sikh riot cases
Union ministry has constituted a three member special investigation team for re-investigation of the 1984 anti-Sikh riot cases mainly in Delhi and other states. The SIT will be headed by Pramod Asthana, an IPS officer of 1986 batch. The other members of the SIT are retired district and sessions judge Rakesh Kapoor and additional deputy commissioner of police Kumar Gyanesh.
4. The “Minsk Peace Summit” seeks to end conflict and establish peace in which country?
The Minsk Peace Summit is related to end conflict and establish peace in Ukraine. Celebrated leaders from Germany, France, Russia and Ukraine gathered at Minsk and reached an agreement to end ongoing conflict in Ukraine.
5. Ngangom Bala Devi is associated with which of the following sports?
Ngangom Bala Devi is a professional football player. She has won the 2014 AIFF Woman Football Player of the Year.
6. Which country is world’s largest producer of Palm oil?
Palm oil (elaeis guineensis) is tropical oil, growing only within 10 degrees north or south of the equator. Indonesia is the largest palm oil producing country in the world followed by Malaysia, Thailand and Colombia. Indonesia and Malaysia produce around 85-90 percent of total global palm oil production.
7. Which among the following teams has topped the medal tally list in the recently concluded 35th National Games?
Answer: Services SCB
Service team has topped the final medal tally list with total 159 medals which include 91 gold, 33 silver and 35 bronze. The host state Kerala placed second had a haul of 54 gold, 48 silver, and 60 bronze medals. Haryana and Maharashtra placed at third and fourth place, respectively.
8. To convey the message of cleanness, the “Litter Free Campaign” has been launched by which company?
Answer: Parle Products
Parle Products has launched a Litter Free Campaign nationwide. The motto of the campaign is to encourage the customers to “Show Garbage Its Place.” It has rolled out three advertising films for nationwide litter free campaign. The name of these films are Corporate Boss, Class Monitor, Shopping Mall which conveyed the message of cleanliness.
9. Which movie has won the golden bear award at the 65th Berlin International Film Festival?
The film Taxi by Iranian director Jafar Panahi won the Golden Bear prize for the best film at the 65th International film festival.
10. The Great Artesian Basin, one of the largest and deepest underground water reservoirs in the world is located in___?
The Great Artesian Basin is one of the largest underground water reservoirs in the world. It underlies approximately 22 per cent of Australia, occupying an area of over 1.7 million square kilometres beneath the arid and semi-arid parts of Queensland, New South Wales, South Australia and the Northern Territory.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|