GK & Current Affairs: February 14, 15, 2015
1. Which among the following states has maximum number of Special Economic Zones (SEZ) in February 2015?
Answer: Tamil Nadu
As of now 196 special economic zones are operating in the country. Tamil Nadu with 36 has maximum SEZs, followed by Maharashtra and Karnataka (25 each) and Telangana (24). List
2. Which one of the following committee was constituted to review environmental laws in the country?
[B]Kasturi Rangan Committee
[C]Madhav Nair Committee
[D]Ullas Karanth Committee
Answer: Subramanian Committee
T S R Subramanian Committee was constituted to review environmental laws in India. The committee has submitted its recommendations to the government recently.
3. Which among the following companies has developed the mobile agro advisory system called “mKrishi”?
mKrishi is a mobile agro advisory system developed by TCS. It delivers services to farmers via mobile phones. The service aims to enable farmers in remote areas to connect to their stakeholders, access good quality agriculture inputs, find advice on farming practices, and get information on market prices, weather and other information that can help in planning and boosting yields.
4. Which country was the partner country in India’s first Renewable Energy Global Investors Meet and Expo (RE-INVEST)?
Germany, world leader in renewable energy, is the partner country for the India’s three day Renewable Energy Global Investors Meet and Expo (RE-INVEST). The objective of the RE-INVEST 2015 is to showcase the government’s commitment to the development and scaling up of renewable energy in India to meet the country energy requirement in a socially, economically and sustainable manner.
5. The per capita availability of doctors per 1000 people in India is ____?
The per capita availability of doctors per 1000 people in India is 0.7/1000 in 2012 as per this data.
6. Who among the following has been named as new heir of Mysore Royal Family?
[A]Yaduveer Gopal Raj Urs
[B]Chaduranga Kantharaja Urs
[C]Aditya Gurudev Urs
[D]Chandra Shekar Urs
Answer: Yaduveer Gopal Raj Urs
Yaduveer Gopal Raj Urs has been announced as new heir of Mysore Royal Family. Yaduveer Gopal Raj Urs is the son of Leela Tripurasundari Devi, daughter of Srikantadutta Wadiyar’s eldest sister Gayatri Devi.
7. The Shubhamsari (Subansiri) project, is the 2000MW hydroelectric project is coming up in which of the following states?
Answer: Arunachal Pradesh
Shubhamsari project is a 2,000-mw hydroelectric project is coming up at border of Assam and Arunachal Pradesh. The project which is when completed will be the largest hydel plant in the country.
8. Which among the following cities has been ranked top in the list of Brookings Institution’s 2014 Global Metro Monitor Map?
Macau has been ranked top in the Brookings Institution’s 2014 Global Metro Monitor Map that measures and compares growth patterns in the world’s 300 largest metro economies. Macau followed by Izmir at second position, Istanbul at third and Bursa at fourth. No Indian city could manage to be in top 10 or top 15 list. Delhi has been placed at 18th, Kolkata at 32, Mumbai at 52, Chennai at 57, Hyderabad at 76 and Bengaluru at 87.
9. The host country of 2017 FIFA U-17 World Cup is __?
The 2017 FIFA U-17 World Cup will be held in India. This will be the first time India will host an international football competition at worldwide level.
10. India’s rank in the recently released World Press Freedom Index (WPFI) 2015 is __?
India has been ranked at 136th rank out of 180 nations surveyed worldwide in terms of press freedom 2015. India was placed at 140 in 2014. Finland ranked no.1 followed by Norway, Denmark, Netherland, and Sweden among top five nations.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|