GK & Current Affairs: December 24, 2014
1. Who among the following has won the inaugural edition of Dubai Open Golf Championship title- 2014?
Arjun Atwal of India won Dubai Open Golf championship by beating South Korean Wang Jeung-hun.
2. Recently, which among the following has become the first state to launch a unified mobile platform for citizen services which delivers services from both government and private sector through an open platform?
Karnataka has become the first state to launch a unified mobile platform for citizen services which delivers services from both government and private sector through an open platform, making it world’s Largest Multi-channel Mobile Services Platform. Mobile One app, which was inaugurated by the president of India, Pranab Mukherjee claims to have 4500 services integrated in to it.
3. Angara, is an ecologically clean rocket developed and launched by which one of the following countries, recently?
The Angara rocket family is a family of space-launch vehicles being developed by the Moscow-based Khrunichev State Research and Production Space Center, Russia. The rockets are to put between 3,800 and 24,500 kg into low Earth orbit and are intended, along with Soyuz-2 variants, to replace several existing launch vehicles.
4. National Energy Conservation day is observed on ____?
National energy conservation day is celebrated every year by the people all over the India on 14th of December.
5. K Balachander, who passed away recently, was a famous film director and producer in which language?
Kailasam Balachander was an Indian film director, screenwriter and producer who worked mainly in the Tamil film industry. Balachander had won nine National Film Awards and multiple Filmfare Awards. He was honoured with the Padma Shri, India’s fourth highest civilian award, in 1987, and is a recipient of the ANR National Award and Dadasaheb Phalke Award, India’s highest award in cinema. K. Balachander is revered as one of the best directors India has ever produced.
6. Recently, which one of the following telecom operator has announced a new scheme which allows the cell phone user to select his own cell numbers?
Tata Docomo has announced their new scheme which allows the cell phone user to select his own cell numbers.
7. Which among the following countries is/are not signed the UN Global arms treaty which came into force, recently? 1. Russia 2. India 3. China 4. Pakistan Chose the correct answer from the codes given below?
[A]Only 1 & 2
[B]Only 2, 3 & 4
[C]Only 1, 2 & 3
[D]1, 2, 3 & 4
1, 2, 3 & 4
The UN Global arms treaty is an international treaty that sets out, for the first time, robust global rules to stop the flow of weapons, munitions and related items to countries when it is known they would be used to commit or facilitate genocide, crimes against humanity, war crimes and serious human rights violations. Each state must assess if there is an overriding risk that a proposed arms export to another country will be used for or contribute to serious human rights abuses, and if so those arms must not be sent. Major arm producing countries like Russia, India, China and Pakistan have not signed the treaty.
8. Vistara is an Indian airline established as a joint venture between Tata Sons and Singapore Airlines. What is the share of Tata Sons in the joint venture?
[A]49 per cent
[B]51 per cent
[C]75 per cent
[D]79 per cent
51 per cent
The Vistara airline is a joint venture between Tata Sons and Singapore Airlines. The new carrier was announced in 2013 and will be a full-service airline based in New Delhi. The two companies will initially invest a combined US$100 million to start the carrier, with Tata Sons owning 51 per cent and Singapore Airlines (SIA) owning the remaining 49 per cent.
9. Which among the following Prime Ministers of India is not a recipient of Bharat Ratna award?
[B]Lal Bahudur Shastri
[C]V P Singh
V P Singh
10. The United Nations Climate Change Conference, COP20 or COP10 was recently concluded in Lima city. Lima is capital of which country?
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|