GK & Current Affairs: March 9, 10, 2015
1. As per the India Entrepreneurship Report 2014, which state has emerged as most entrepreneur-friendly states in the country?
Gujarat has emerged as the most entrepreneurial state in the country, according to India Entrepreneurship Report 2014, a study conducted by direct-selling firm Amway India jointly with Indicus Analytics. Gujarat ranks one when it comes to infrastructure support and supportive governance and ranks one in the entrepreneurial confidence index. The state comes fifth when it comes to entrepreneurial attitude Himachal Pradesh tops the list on ‘Entrepreneurial Attitude’ followed by Bihar and Jharkhand.
2. Beaufort scale is used to determine _____?
[A]The speed of the winds
[B]Direction of winds
[C]Pollution level in the winds
[D]Humidity in winds
Answer: The speed of the winds
Beaufort scale is used to determine the speed and strength of the winds.
3. Which space agency has launched the Magnetospheric Multiscale Spacecraft (MMS)?
On March 13, 2015, NASA has launched the Magnetospheric Multiscale Spacecraft (MMS), which the first ever spacecraft to study the magnetic reconnection, one of the most important drivers of space weather events such as eruptive solar flares, coronal mass ejections and geomagnetic storms.
4. Which one of the following has been used as antimicrobial compound in personal care products like soaps, lotions, deodorants and toothpastes?
Triclocarban Triclocarban has been used as antimicrobial and antifungal compound in personal care products like soap, lotion, deodorants and toothpastes.
5. Evan Spiegel, who is the youngest billionaire in the world is co-founder of ?
Evan Spiegel is the co-founder and CEO of Snapchat. With an estimated net worth of $ 1.5 billion each, Snapchat co-founders Evan Spiegel (24) and Bobby Murphy (25) became the youngest billionaires in the world.
6. Tribhuvan International Airport is the only international airport of __?
Tribhuvan International Airport is an international airport in Kathmandu, Nepal. It is the only international airport in Nepal and has served as an airfield since 1949. The airport was inaugurated in 1955 by King Mahendra and received its current name in 1964.
7. L Subramaniam, who was awarded with prestigious Hafiz Ali Khan Award-2014, is an exponent in ___?
L Subramaniam is an acclaimed Indian violinist. He was awarded with prestigious Hafiz Ali Khan Award-2014. The award was instituted by Amzad Ali Khan in 1985 in memory of his father Hafiz Ali Khan, a great court musician of the Gwalior Gharana.
8. Lipulekh Pass, one of the trade route between India and China is in which state?
Lipulekh pass in Pithoragarh district of Uttarakhand. Lipulekh pass connects the Kumaon region of Uttarakhand with the old trading town of Taklakot in Tibet. The pass is first Indian border post to be opened for trade with China in 1992.
9. According Official World Golf Ranking, who is the number one golf player in the world?
Answer: Rory Mcllroy
The Official World Golf Ranking is a system for rating the performance level of male professional golfers. It was introduced in 1986. Rory Mcllroy Northern Irish professional golfer is the current World Number One and a four-time major champion.
10. Which country is the largest producer of Rubber in the world?
Thailand is the leading Rubber producing country in the world. Thailand is followed Indonesia and China at the second and third place respectively. India stands at fourth position in Rubber production.