GK & Current Affairs: February 26, 27, 2015
Which committee was constituted by RBI to review governance of boards of banks in India?
[A]P J Nayak Committee
[B]H R Khan Committee
[C]Harsh Vardhan Committee
[D]K Subramanian Committee
P J Nayak Committee
P J Nayak committee was constituted by the Reserve Bank of India to Review Governance of Boards of Banks in India. The committee was asked to review issues of governance in banks.
What is the fund sharing pattern between the centre and states in the Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana (PMKSY)?
Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana aims at bringing irrigation water to every village by converging ongoing schemes being implemented by various ministries. PMKSY funds would be given to states as 75 per cent grant by the central government and the remaining 25 per cent share is to be borne by the state government. For north-eastern region and hilly states, the funding pattern would be 90:10.
The Abu Sayaff Group (ASG), is a Muslim militant group operation in which country?
The Abu Sayyaf Group (ASG) is the most violent of the Islamic separatist groups operating in the southern Philippines and claims to promote an independent Islamic state in western Mindanao and the Sulu Archipelago.
The “Great Prophet 9” is a military drill kicked off by which country, recently?
The Great Prophet 9 is the military drill conducted by the Iran’s Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) in the south and the south-western parts of Iran. . As many as 10 military divisions, including units of ground forces, artillery, ammunition, missiles, drones, and reconnaissance jets, participated in drills.
The recently announced Paramparagat Krishi Vikas Yojana aims to boost ____?
In the union budget 2015 a new programme Paramparagat Krishi Vikas Yojana was announced to boost organic farming. An initial allocation of Rs 300 Crore has been made for the scheme.
Which space agency has successfully launched the world’s first all electric satellites in March, 2015?
[A]Russia Federal Space Agency
[B]China National Space Administration
[D]European Space Agency
Space Exploration Technologies (SpaceX) successfully put the world’s first all-electric communications satellites into orbit. The satellites launched are outfitted with lightweight, all- electric engines, rather than conventional chemical propulsion systems, to reach and maintain orbit.
The Iron Gate is a gorge on the River Danube forms part of the boundary between Serbia and which country?
The Iron Gates is a gorge on the River Danube. It forms part of the boundary between Serbia and Romania.
Who among the following headed the RBI’s internal working group on Priority Sector Lending (PSL)?
Lily Vadera one of the chief general managers of RBI is the head of the committee constituted by RBI to review on Priority Sector Lending (PSL). The committee has suggested that the target for lending to the redefined priority sector be retained uniformly at 40 per cent and sought introduction of PSL certificates which can be traded. Other key recommendations of the panel include retaining the present 18 per cent target of Adjusted Net Bank Credit (ANBC) for agriculture, including medium enterprises within the ambit of priority sector lending as also bringing loans to sanitation, health care and drinking water facilities and renewable energy, among others, under the segment.
The chemical used in indelible ink (Election ink) is _____?
Indelible ink typically contain Silver Nitrate which stains the skin on exposure of ultraviolet light, leaving a mark that is impossible to wash off and is only removed on external skin cells are replaced.
Recently, which country became the first member country to the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) to submit its action plan on Intended Nationally Determined Contribution (INDC)?
Switzerland became the first member country to the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) to submit its action plan on Intended Nationally Determined Contribution (INDC) ahead of the Paris climate talks. Switzerland committed to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by 50% relative to 1990 levels by 2030. Under the INDCs, all countries are expected to submit their ‘nationally determined contribution’ in terms of their mitigation (emission cut) and adaptation goals in advance ahead of Paris climate talks, scheduled for December, where a new climate deal is expected to be signed.
Category: Daily Current Affairs Quiz « Previous QuizNext Quiz »