Daily Current Affairs 2012 Quiz : August 28, 2012
1. Heera Oil Fields are located on which among the following states of India?
Recently, ONGC has by chance discovered a new oil reservoir could add nearly 58 million tonnes of initial oil in-place (IOIP) in ONGC’s producing D1
field, making it the third largest field in western offshore after the prolific Mumbai High and Heera.
2. The Gondwana University has been established in the Naxal affected area of which among the following states of India?
It is established in Naxal affected Gadchiroli district of Maharashtra.
3. At which among the following places is located the “Pacific Tsunami Warning Center (PTWC) ?
4. The Parchin military base, which is often in news is located in which among the following country?
5. The Malanjkhand mine, which contains more than 70 per cent of India’s known copper reserves is located in __________?
6. Recently Microsoft India has tied up with which among the following companies to offer cloud computing services to small and medium business enterprises(SMBs)?
7. Recently SEBI has decided to introduce a ” Basic Services Demat Account”(BSDA). What is the maximum value of securities in a BSDA at any point of time?
[A]Rs 2 lakh
[B]Rs 3 lakh
[C]Rs 4 lakh
[D]Rs 5 lakh
Rs 2 lakh
8. A new report by the Stockholm International Water Institute (SIWI) has commended the Jyotigram Yojana, that provides 24-hour power supply to villages in which among the following State?
9. In which among the following countries sixth Asian Science camp 2012 is held recently?
10. ‘Economic Outlook 2012-13’ report is released by _______________?
[B]Economic Advisory Council to Prime Minister
[C]Ministry of Finance
[D]Reserve Bank of India
Economic Advisory Council to Prime Minister