Daily Current Affairs 2012 Quiz : August 26, 2012
1. In August 2012, India has successfully tested its Prithvi II Missile. What is the range of this nuclear-capable Prithvi-II missile?
2. Recently Union Tourism Ministry has granted heritage status to the Castle Naggar. In which among the following states is located Castle Naggar?
3. Recently a 3000-year-old pillar has been inscribed on a UN-backed heritage list for astronomy. It is located in _______?
4. Recently which among the following has been recommended for Rashtriya Khel Protsahana Puraskar,2012?
Besides, Steel Authority of India Ltd. (Community sports identification and nurturing of budding young talent), Railway Sports Promotion Board (Financial
support for sports excellence), Services Sports Control Board (Establishment and management of sports academies of excellence) and Air India Sports
Promotion Board (Employment of sportspersons and sports welfare measures) have been chosen for the Rashtriya Khel Protsahan Puruskar.
5. Who among the following has been chosen for Dronacharya award for a non-Olympic discipline (Kabaddi)?
Dronacharya awards 2012:Yashvir Singh (wrestling), Sunil Dabas (kabaddi), Harendra Singh (Hockey), Satyapal Singh (Athletics), B.I. Fernandez
(boxing), Virendar Poonia (athletics),Bhawani Mukherjee (table tennis) and J.S. Bhatia (athletics). Of them Bhawani Mukherjee and J.S. Bhatia are
chosen for their lifetime achievement.
6. As per the RBI’s latest Annual Report, how much is contributed by household financial savings contributes to the GDP in 2011-12?
[A]7 per cent
[B]7.8 per cent
[C]8.5 per cent
[D]9.2 per cent
7.8 per cent
According to the RBI’s latest Annual Report, household financial savings, as a percentage of GDP, fell to 7.8 per cent in 2011-12. This is the lowest
since 1989-90. The ratio averaged 11 per cent in the preceding three years. The sharp fall in financial savings means India has to depend more on
overseas flows to fund its capital needs.
7. In which among the following states, India’s first centre for Biopolymer Science and Technology (CBPST) has been established recently?
8. Which among the following state will organize a World Youth Festival on the occasion of 150th birth anniversary of Swami Vivekananda?
9. In August 2012, at which among the following places Remote Operating Stations of the Coastal Radar Network have been inaugurated?
[A]Mumbai and Surat
[B]Mumbai and Porbandar
[C]Porbandar and Manglaore
[D]Kochi and Mangalore
Mumbai and Porbandar
10. In a recent US court verdict, Apple won more than $1 billion in patent case against ___________?
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|