Daily Current Affairs 2012 Quiz : August 25, 2012
1. At which among the following locations, the proposed National Institute of Biotic Stress Management (NIBSM) will be established?
The Union Cabinet has approved the proposal of Ministry of Agriculture, Department of Agricultural Research and Education for the establishment of the
National Institute of Biotic Stress Management (NIBSM) at Raipur (Chhattisgarh) during the 12th Five Year Plan at a cost of Rs.121.10 crore.
2. The 12th Osian’s Cinefan Festival of Asian and Arab Cinema was recently held in __________?
3. Who among the following is the present Director-general of the Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO)?
[B]José Graziano da Silva
José Graziano da Silva
4. As per the Government data, what has been the average annual growth of the agriculture sector in the Eleventh Five Year Plan?
5. Generally how many Dhyan Chand Awards are given in a particular year?
[A]Not more than 2
[B]Not more than 3
[C]Not more than 4
[D]Not more than 5
Not more than 3
Not more than three Dhyan Chand Awards are given in a particular year. However considering that 2012 is the year of Paralympic Games, the Ministry
has decided to increase the number of Dhyan Chand Awards from 3 to 4 for the current year. Dhyan Chand Awards 2012:Jagraj Singh Mann (athletics),
Gundeep Kumar (hockey), Vinod Kumar (wrestling) and Sukhbir Singh Tokas (para-sports).
6. Who among the following has been recently appointed as India’s Governor on the Board of Governors of the African Development Bank and African Development Fund?
7. Lance Armstrong, one of the best-known and most accomplished athletes in recent history,had been charged of doping. He hails form __________?
8. The Energy Efficiency Summit 2012 was held in __________?
9. The government has recently set up a 21-member panel to suggest ways for reforming regulatory environment for doing business in India. The committee is headed by __________?
[B]Y C Deveshwar
[D]R K Pachauri
10. Which among the following state areas constitute Bodoland region?
[A]Assam and Nagaland
[B]Assam and Meghalaya
[D]Assam and Manipur