Daily Current Affairs 2012 Quiz : August 27, 2012
1. Which among the following companies has recently taken over Sweden’s Ericsson to become the world’s largest telecoms-equipment- maker?
2. Which among the following banks have recently come up with a new concept as India’s First Financial Supermarket in Jaipur?
[A]State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur
[B]State Bank of India
State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur
3. At present, how many countries are members of Non Aligned Movement (NAM)?
4. How many sites have been recognised as World Heritage Sites in India by UNESCO?
India’s first two sites inscribed on the list at the Seventh Session of the World Heritage held in 1983 were the Agra Fort and the Ajanta Caves. Over the years, 27 more sites have been inscribed, the latest site inscribed in 2012 being the Western Ghats. Of these 29 sites, 23 are cultural sites and the other six are natural sites. A tentative list of further sites/properties submitted by India for recognition includes 33 sites.
5. What is the present permissible Power Density value for mobile towers operating at 1800 MHz?
[B]9 Watt/ meter²
9 Watt/ meter²
6. After Delhi, Which among the following state has extended the age bar on child labour from 14 years to 18 years?
7. Which among the following countries is known for the Khmer Rouge atrocities?
8. In the 2012 ICC U-19 World Cup, India beat ________ in the final match and lift the third world cup.
9. Which among the following two countries have decided to replicate India’s tiger story on the line of successful Sariska and Panna relocation programme?
[A]Russia and China
[B]Sri Lanka and Russia
[C]Russia and Cambodia
[D]Laos and Vietnam
Russia and Cambodia
10. Recently, Chekrovolu Swuro became the first Naga woman to represent India in the Olympic Games in London. She is an Olympic ____?
Category: Daily Current Affairs Quiz « Previous QuizNext Quiz »