Daily Current Affairs 2012 Quiz : August 21, 2012
1. In a major boost reform the farm sector, the central government has recently allowed the states to tie up with private firms for big projects in which among the following flagship programmes?
[A]Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana (RKVY)
[B]National Food Security Mission
[C]Accelerated irrigation Benefit programme
[D]National Horticultural Mission
Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana (RKVY)
2. Who among the following is the head of a working group to assess the Western Ghats Ecology Expert Panel (WGEEP) report and submit an action plan for its effective implementation?
3. Under Nirmal Bharat Abhiyan, how much incentive is provided by the government to every family for constructing a toilet?
4. Rajiv Gandhi Manav Seva Award is conferred on those individuals who make outstanding contribution in the filed of _______?
[A]women protection and development
[B]child protection and development
[C]care for elderly people
[D]care for disabled people
child protection and development
5. The 20th Rajiv Gandhi National Sadbhavana Award conferred on _________?
D.R. Mehta is the founder and chief patron of the Bhagwan Mahavir Vikalang Sahayata Samiti, Jaipur.
6. ‘Ulchi Freedom Guardian’ is annual joint military exercise of _____________?
[A]USA and Japan
[B]USA and South Korea
[C]Japan and South Korea
[D]France and Japan
USA and South Korea
The South Korean and US militaries began an annual major joint exercise known as ‘Ulchi Freedom Guardian’ to test defences against North Korea.
7. In an effort to stop youngsters from entering the crime world, which State or Union Territory police have launched ‘Yuva’ scheme to engage youngsters in sports activities and also helps them get jobs?
[D]West Bengal Police
8. MariKana Platinum mine, which is recently in news is one of the world’s richest platinum reserves. In which among the following countries it is located ?
Recently South African police fired on miners at Marikana. Following this the prices of Platinum at the world’s market have increased.
9. Recently the Kapilavastu relics are put on display in which among the following countries?
Discovered 113 years ago by the first director of the Archaeological Survey of India, Alexander Cunningham, the Kapilavastu relics are believed to contain Gautam Buddha’s remains. The relics were found during excavations at Piprahwa in present day Bihar.Piprahwa is believed to be the ancient Kapilavastu where Buddha renounced worldly pleasures. The relics are being taken to Sri Lanka following a special request made by Sri Lankan President Mahinda Rajapaksa to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to allow the Buddhists in the island nation to pay homage to them.
10. Which among the following country has recently abolished censorship on media ?
Tags: Current Affairs Quiz - August, 2012
Current Affairs [PDF] - May 1-15, 2023
Current Affairs MCQs PDF - April, 2023
Current Affairs Articles Compilation [PDF] - April, 2023
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|