Daily Current Affairs 2012 Quiz : August 23, 2012
1. Who among the following is the new Deputy Chairman of the Rajya Sabha?
2. What is the present FDI cap in insurance sector in India?
[A]26 per cent
[B]49 per cent
[C]76 per cent
[D]100 per cent
26 per cent
3. Recently Khandelwal committee report is in news. It deals with _____________?
[A]Conservation of tiger reserves
[B]changes in insurance sector
[D]Banking sector human resource management
Banking sector human resource management
4. Which among the following will become 157th member of the WTO?
Montenegro is the 155th member of the WTO.Russia is the 156th member of the WTO.Vunuatu will become 157th member of the WTO.
5. Recently in which among the following countries ‘National Outreach Conference on Global Nuclear Disarmament’ was held?
6. Presently how much cultivable area in the country is using bio-fertilisers?
[A]3 per cent
[B]5 per cent
[C]6 per cent
[D]8 per cent
3 per cent
7. In which among the following states, Nun peak is located?
[B]Jammu and Kashmir
Jammu and Kashmir
8. Recently which among the following government has launched ‘Kerosene-free’ scheme?
Under the scheme 3.56 lakh Antodaya Anna Yojana (AAY), Below Poverty Line (BPL) and Jhuggi Ration Card (JRC) holders would be provided a free
gas connection and a stove in lieu of their kerosene quota.
9. Quadruple amputee Philippe Croizon swam between islands in the icy Bering Strait to cross from America to Asia in the final part of a quest to link all continents. He hails from ____________?
10. Cricket has been a competitive sport only once at the Olympics in which among the following years?
« Previous QuizNext Quiz »