Quiz – Current Affairs October 2, 2012
1. The Nagoya protocol, which is recently in news deals with ________________?
[A]Elimination of Biological weapons
[B]Elimination of Chemical weapons
[C]Conservation and sustainable use of biological diversity
[D]Protection of Ozone layer
Conservation and sustainable use of biological diversity
2. Who among the following has been recently re-elected as President of World Squash Federation?
[A]K. V. P. Chandra
[B]S. P. Shukla
3. Recently who among the following is conferred with the Lal Bahadur Shastri National Award?
Tessy Thomas was given the award for her outstanding contribution for making India self-reliant in the field of missile technology.
4. On 1 October 2012, HelpAge and UNFPA launched the landmark report, Ageing in the Twenty-First Century: A Celebration and a Challenge. According to the report, what will be the per cent of elderly people in the total population of India by 2050?
[A]15 per cent
[B]18 per cent
[C]20 per cent
[D]23 per cent
20 per cent
5. Who among the following is the present President of the Inter-Parliamentary Union (IPU)?
[B]Abbas El Fassi
[C]Mehdi Ben Barka
6. Recently in which State did the ousters of the Omkareshwar Dam project protest through a 17-day Jal Satyagraha?
7. Who among the following is the head of the government-appointed panel on legislative reforms in the financial sector?
[B]T. N. Srinivasan
[D]B. N. Srikrishna
B. N. Srikrishna
8. Recently which among the following had signed a legally binding 20-year liquefied natural gas (LNG) sales and purchase agreement (SPA) with Gazprom?
9. Recently which among the following State government has announced a special Rs 300-crore public toilets scheme for the urban poor?
10. Recently scientists have engineered a genetically modified cow that produces milk without beta-lactoglobulin – a major whey protein of cow and sheep’s milk, to which some people are allergic. What is the technique used by the scientists for this genetic modification?
You are not logged into GKToday. Please click below icons to register or login and take this test.
Category: Daily Current Affairs Quiz « Previous QuizNext Quiz »