Quiz – Current Affairs October 2, 2012
1. The Nagoya protocol, which is recently in news deals with ________________?
[A]Elimination of Biological weapons
[B]Elimination of Chemical weapons
[C]Conservation and sustainable use of biological diversity
[D]Protection of Ozone layer
Conservation and sustainable use of biological diversity
2. Who among the following has been recently re-elected as President of World Squash Federation?
[A]K. V. P. Chandra
[B]S. P. Shukla
3. Recently who among the following is conferred with the Lal Bahadur Shastri National Award?
Tessy Thomas was given the award for her outstanding contribution for making India self-reliant in the field of missile technology.
4. On 1 October 2012, HelpAge and UNFPA launched the landmark report, Ageing in the Twenty-First Century: A Celebration and a Challenge. According to the report, what will be the per cent of elderly people in the total population of India by 2050?
[A]15 per cent
[B]18 per cent
[C]20 per cent
[D]23 per cent
20 per cent
5. Who among the following is the present President of the Inter-Parliamentary Union (IPU)?
[B]Abbas El Fassi
[C]Mehdi Ben Barka
6. Recently in which State did the ousters of the Omkareshwar Dam project protest through a 17-day Jal Satyagraha?
7. Who among the following is the head of the government-appointed panel on legislative reforms in the financial sector?
[B]T. N. Srinivasan
[D]B. N. Srikrishna
B. N. Srikrishna
8. Recently which among the following had signed a legally binding 20-year liquefied natural gas (LNG) sales and purchase agreement (SPA) with Gazprom?
9. Recently which among the following State government has announced a special Rs 300-crore public toilets scheme for the urban poor?
10. Recently scientists have engineered a genetically modified cow that produces milk without beta-lactoglobulin – a major whey protein of cow and sheep’s milk, to which some people are allergic. What is the technique used by the scientists for this genetic modification?
Category: Daily Current Affairs Quiz « Previous QuizNext Quiz »