Quiz – Current Affairs October 3, 2012
1. Eric Hobsbawm, who has recently passed away, was a famous ____?
2. Recently who among the following was appointed chairman of the national cricket selection committee?
3. In which among the following City, the National Institute of Urban Affairs is located?
4. What is the name of the newly discovered comet that may become one of the brightest lights in the sky — even outshining the Moon and will be visible in India towards the end of 2013?
[A]C/2012 S1 (ISON)
[B]C/2012 P1 (ISON)
[C]C/2012 R1 (ISON)
[D]C/2012 N1 (ISON)
C/2012 S1 (ISON)
5. Which among the following State government has launched Annshri Yojana, under which around two lakh families will receive a monthly cash transfer of Rs 600 per month?
Under the programme, Rs. 600 in cash would be transferred to the eldest female members of more than two lakh families which are not presently covered
under the Below Poverty Line (BPL) and Antyodaya programmes.
6. Who among the following had led the controversial Operation Blue Star to flush out terrorists from the Golden Temple in Amritsar in 1984 and is recently in news because of attacks on him?
[B]Israr Rahim Khan
[C]Kuldeep Singh Brar
Kuldeep Singh Brar
7. Recently in which among the following Pakistan City, Shadman Chowk is renamed as Bhagat Singh Chowk?
8. Targeting mainly at school children, Oxford University Press (OUP) has launched a book on Gandhi on the occasion of his 143rd birth anniversary. What is the name of the book?
[A]Gandhi and His Evolution
[B]My Early Life : An Illustrated Story
[C]What Motivates Gandhi
[D]Gandhi and His Childhood
My Early Life : An Illustrated Story
9. Recently which among the following country and India have announced the collaboration to build a model smart city, which will serve as a template for replication?
10. Which among the following State government has launched its flagship Grih Adhar scheme, which will provide Rs 1,000 per month to those woman, whose gross family income is less than Rs 3 lakh?
« Previous QuizNext Quiz »