Quiz 79:GK of Indian History
1. Consider the following:
Which among the following is the correct order in which the above came to India for commercial establishments?
2. Which among the following ruler is known for Junagarh Rock Inscription?
3. Which among the following countries have Vikram Samvat as Official Calendar?
[B]India and Nepal
[C]Nepal and Sri Lanka
4. After the victory on which among the following, the Vikrama Samvat was founded by the Tuar Rajput emperor Vikramaditya of Ujjain ?
5. Consider the following:
1. Qutub Minar
2. Taj Mahal
3. Fatehpur Sikri
4. Agra Fort
Which among the following is the correct Chronological order of completion of the above monuments?
6. Ghazi Malik was the founder and first ruler of which among the following dynasties?
7. In which of the following years, Akbar had centralized the control and functioning of various mints?
8. The construction of the Delhi Iron Pillar, now located at the Quwwat-ul-Islam mosque in New Delhi was constructed in which period?
9. The name of which among the following king of the Hellenistic Seleucid Kingdom has been inscribed on the edicts of Asoka?
[A]Antiochus I Soter
[C]Antiochus II Theos
[D]Seleucus IV Philopator
10. Dhauli Hills , which have major Edicts of Ashoka engraved on a mass of rock, by the side of the road leading to the summit of the hills are located in which among the following states of India?
11. In which among the following battles, artillery was used for the first time?
[A]First Battle of Panipat
[B]Third Battle of Tarain
[C]First Battle of Khanwa
[D]Second Battle of Panipat
12. Indus Valley site at Surkotada is located in which among the following states ?
13. In which state of India is located the ancient trading depot of Bharukaccha?
14. Which among the following was capital of Mitrakas?
15. Which among the following sites near Pondicherry gives best support to the view on an ancient trade between Rome and the ancient Tamil country of India?