1. The Science of using mechanical devices with human muscle skeleton and nervous systems to assist or enhance motor control lost by trauma, disease or defect is called:
2. Which of the following artificial sweeteners is not broken down by the body and therefore it is non-caloric (no-calorie sweetener) :
3. Which of the following statements is not true regarding LASER?
4. Which of the following tests is used for the diagnosis of ‘Colour-Blindness’ in people ?
5. Crystals of which of the following naturally-occuring substance exhibits both ‘pyroelectric’ and ‘piezoelectric’ properties making it versatile for application in the field of electronics?
6. The television technology in which a new form of light-emitting crystals which can be printed onto flexible plastic sheets to produce a paper-thin display that can be rolled up and carried in a pocket is:
Consider the following regarding the malarial parasite
- It is a prokaryotic protist of genus ‘Plasmodium’ transmitted by female Anopheles Mosquito.
- After entering the body, it multiplies within the Red Blood Cells(RBCs) of humans and causes symptoms of Malaria after destroying the RBCs.
Select the statement(s) which is/are incorrect?
Consider the following statements regarding cholesterol:
- Cholesterol is an essential structural component of mammalian cell membranes.
- It is an important component for the synthesis of vitamin D.
- It is formed in the the liver, converted to bile, which is then stored in the gallbladder.
Which of the above statement(s) is/are true?
Which of the following statements regarding the clotting of blood in humans are correct ?
- Heparin, produced by liver prevents blood from clotting inside the body.
- Vitamin K helps in blood clotting.
- Chelating Agents such as Sodium/Potassium Oxalate are used in blood banks to prevent clotting.
- Thalassemia is the condition where human blood takes abnormally long time to clot.
Consider the following Statements :
- The most common blood group is O(+)
- The rarest Blood Group is AB(-)
- O(-) group is the universal donor.
- AB(+) group is the universal recipient.
Which of the above Statement(s) is/are correct?