Quiz 622: General Science for All Examinations
1. The Science of using mechanical devices with human muscle skeleton and nervous systems to assist or enhance motor control lost by trauma, disease or defect is called:
2. Which of the following artificial sweeteners is not broken down by the body and therefore it is non-caloric (no-calorie sweetener) :
3. Which of the following statements is not true regarding LASER?
4. Which of the following tests is used for the diagnosis of ‘Colour-Blindness’ in people ?
5. Crystals of which of the following naturally-occuring substance exhibits both ‘pyroelectric’ and ‘piezoelectric’ properties making it versatile for application in the field of electronics?
6. The television technology in which a new form of light-emitting crystals which can be printed onto flexible plastic sheets to produce a paper-thin display that can be rolled up and carried in a pocket is:
7. Consider the following regarding the malarial parasite
- It is a prokaryotic protist of genus ‘Plasmodium’ transmitted by female Anopheles Mosquito.
- After entering the body, it multiplies within the Red Blood Cells(RBCs) of humans and causes symptoms of Malaria after destroying the RBCs.
Select the statement(s) which is/are incorrect?
8. Consider the following statements regarding cholesterol:
- Cholesterol is an essential structural component of mammalian cell membranes.
- It is an important component for the synthesis of vitamin D.
- It is formed in the the liver, converted to bile, which is then stored in the gallbladder.
Which of the above statement(s) is/are true?
9. Which of the following statements regarding the clotting of blood in humans are correct ?
- Heparin, produced by liver prevents blood from clotting inside the body.
- Vitamin K helps in blood clotting.
- Chelating Agents such as Sodium/Potassium Oxalate are used in blood banks to prevent clotting.
- Thalassemia is the condition where human blood takes abnormally long time to clot.
10. Consider the following Statements :
- The most common blood group is O(+)
- The rarest Blood Group is AB(-)
- O(-) group is the universal donor.
- AB(+) group is the universal recipient.
Which of the above Statement(s) is/are correct?