Quiz 623: Indian Geography for SSC Examinations
1. Consider the following statements regarding the western coastal plains of India:
- The Western coastal plains are known as Konkan from Daman to Goa.
- The Plains are narrower in the North and wider in the South.
Which of the above Statement(s) is/are correct?
2. Which of the following lake(s) is/are located in Andhra Pradesh ?
3. The Andaman and Nicobar Islands are submerged parts of mountain range called:
4. Which of the following rivers are not correctly matched with their tributaries?
- Yamuna – Sind, Betwa, Ken
- Brahmaputra – Dibang, Lohit , Tista
- Narmada – Purna, Girna, Amravati
- Krishna – Pranhita, Musi, Sileru
5. Saline and Alkaline soils are characterized by which of the following features ?
- They are found in drought-prone areas.
- They can be reclaimed by adding gypsum.
- Texturally, they are sandy-loams.
6. The famous hill-station ‘Kodaikanal’ lies in :
7. Which of the above is/are correctly matched?
- Yellow Revolution- Eggs
- Golden Revolution-Oilseeds
- Round Revolution-Potato
- Grey Revolution-Fertilizers
8. Which of the following statement(s) is/are correct regarding tribal groups in India:
- Bhils are the people of Dravidian stock now living in M.P. and Rajasthan.
- The Gonds constitute the largest tribal group of India.
- Onges, Shompens and Sentinelese are the inhabitants of Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
9. Which of the following product is/are a part of Indian Agricultural exports ?
- Guargum Meal
10. Which of the following mountain ranges form a dividing line between the Ganges Plain and the Deccan Plateau?