Sports GK Objective Questions for 2012 Examinations
1. In which among the following games / sports, Tintu Luka has carved out a niche for herself?
Tintu Luka is an athlete from Kannur, Kerala, India. She is the national record holder in 800 metre race. She is trained by P.T.Usha at Usha School of
Athletics, Koyilandy and is supported by Olympic Gold Quest
2. Who among the following holds the world record in the marathon?
[C]Patrick Makau Musyoki
[D]Duncan Kibet Kirong
Patrick Makau Musyoki
Patrick Makau Musyoki of Kenya holds the world record in the marathon with a
time of 2:03:38, set at the 2011 Berlin Marathon.
3. Who among the following had become the first woman to clock the best Indian time in 800m freestyle at the at the 65th National aquatic championships 2011?
In September 2011, Richa Mishra
had become the first woman to clock the best Indian time in 800m freestyle.
4. In November 2011 the International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) awarded Sally Pearson as the 2011 Female Athlete of the Year. She is the first person from her country to receive this award. She belongs to which among the following countries?
Ussain Bolt and Sally Pearson were named athletes of the year (Man & Woman respectively) in 2011 by International Association of Athletics Federations
5. In 2011, India’s Shiva Keshavan became the first Indian representative to compete in which among the following winter sports at the Winter Olympic Games?
He set a new Asian speed record at 134.3 kmph after beating previous record of 131.9 kmph and won gold medal in Asia Cup 2011 at Nagano in Japan
6. Who among the following is the first Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Awardee?
[D]P T Usha
7. Who among the following is the winner of Women’s single of Indian Open 2012?
[A] Jiang Yanjiao
8. Who among the following is the winner of 2011 BWF Indian Open Grand Prix (Badminton) in Men’s singles category?
Taufik Hidayat (born August 10, 1981) is an Indonesian badminton player. He is a former World and Olympic champion in men’s singles. He has also won the Indonesian Open six times (1999, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2004 and 2006). Taufiq is the winner of 2012 Indian Open Grand Prix.
9. In context with India, the Federation Cup is related to ?
Federation Cup was started by the All India Football Federation (AIFF) in 1977.
10. Ukrainian brothers Vitali Klitschko and Wladimir Klitschko are famous in which among the following sports?
Vitali Klitschko is the current WBC Heavyweight Champion. His younger brother Klitschko is the WBA (Super), IBF, WBO, IBO & The Ring Heavyweight Champion.
11. Who among the following is the winner of Asian Billiards Championship 2012?
In April 2012, Pankaj won the Asian Billiards Championship in Goa, India to become the first person in the history of the sport to win 5 Asian Titles
12. In which sports / games Peter Svidler is famous?
Russian chess grandmaster
13. Which among the following Australian cities has been chosen to host the 2018 Commonwealth Games?
Gold Coast will host the 2018 Commonwealth Games. It is located in Queensland and it will bring the games to Australia will bring the games to Australia for a fifth time, after Sydney in 1938, Perth (1962), Brisbane (1982) and Melbourne (2006). 2014 Commonwealth Games will be held in Glasgow, Scotland.
14. Which among the following team is the winner of Vijay Hazare Trophy 2012?
All-rounder Laxmi Ratan Shukla hit a magnificent century to single-handedly guide Bengal to the Vijay Hazare Trophy triumph as they comprehensively thrashed heavyweights Mumbai by six wickets in the final in March 2012.
15. “Deodhar trophy”is related to which among the following sports?