Quiz 585: Current General Awareness for All Examinations
1. The “Registan Desert” is a part of which among the following countries?
2. What is the difference between Union Legislature and Parliament of India ?
[A]Union Legislature consists of Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha, Parliament consists of Lok Sabha, Rajya Sabha and President
[B]Union Legislature consists of Lok Sabha only, Parliament Consists of Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha
[C]Union Legislature consists of Lok Sabha, Rajya Sabha and President, Parliament consists of Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha
[D]There is no difference between the two
3. Which among the following countries have recently obtained approval to explore a 10,000-square-km polymetallic sulphide ore deposit in an international seabed region in the southwest Indian Ocean for the first time?
4. The famous “Chatham Saw Mill” is located in which among the following states / union territories of India?
[A]Daman & Diu
[C]Andaman & Nicobar Islands
5. In which among the following states, Government had identified maximum number of Ecologically Sensitive Zones under the Environment (Protection) Act, 1986?
6. Consider the following:
1. Nuclear Non-proliferation Treaty
2. Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty
India is a party to which among the above?
[C]Both 1 & 2
[D]Neither 1 nor 2
7. Which among the following country was recently in news for its Stapled Visas to Indians ?
8. Under the priority sector advances, which among the following targets have been given to Foreign Banks Operating in India for agricultural
9. Commercial Paper (CP) is an unsecured money market instrument issued in the form of a _____?
[C]Bill of Exchange
10. After independence, from which year, India brought its distinctive coins?
11. As per the recent agreement reached at Climate Talks at Durban, the successor of the Kyoto Protocol will be launched by which among the following years?
12. The 8th schedule of Constitution of India , originally had how many languages?
13. In which among the following states, Armed Forces (Special Powers) Act (AFSPA) was imposed for the first time?
[C]Jammu & Kashmir
[D]7 North East States
14. Which among the following was first human-made plastic?
15. The provision for having a Finance Commission to sort out the revenue-sharing arrangement between states and the Centre is part of the Constitution under which among the following articles?