Quiz 588: Indian History for Civil Services Examination
1. The Indus Valley Civilization has not been deciphered yet. Consider the following reasons:
- No knowledge about their language
- Small length of inscriptions
- Absence of bilingual texts
Which among the above is/ are correct reasons?
2. A system known as “Dyarchy” was introduced in India for the first time by the Government of India Act 1919, which implied that the spheres of the various subjects were divided into___?
3. Consider the following events followed the Chauri-Chaura incident?
- Civil Disobedience Movement was called off by Mahatma Gandhi
- There was a schism in the Congress
- Swaraj Party took a resolution to boycott elections and not rest before attaining Swaraj
Select the correct option from the codes given below:
4. As per the ancient Indian Texts, the land between which among the following two rivers has been called “Brahamavarta”?
5. The sulbasutras of ancient Indian Scholar “Baudhayan” have reached to a most correct value of which among the following?
6. Today’s Gurmukhi, Dogri and Sindhi scripts have developed from which among the following scripts?
7. All the following announcements were made at the Delhi Durbar in 1911 except one. Identify that one:
8. Consider the following statements about the “Prajapatya Vivaha” mentioned in ancient Indian texts:
- In this type of marriage, the rights of boy and girl were equally secured
- The groom approached the bride’s father, who agreed to marriage after fixing a price
- The price for this marriage was usually a pair of cows
Which among the above statements is/ are correct?
9. Consider the following statements about Queen Victoria:
- She practically acted as a Constitutional Sovereign of India giving approval to the policies advised by her ministers
- She visited India only Once
- She had liberal personal views towards India
Which among the above statements is / are correct?
10. Various Cooperative societies of the agriculturists and Agricultural Banks were established during the time of Lord Curzon. What was the most appropriate reason for this?