GK & Current Affairs Quiz: October 21-22, 2013
1. In October 2013, Petronas Lubricants International announced $50 million investment in a lubricant oil blending plant, its first in India. Petronas is a oil and gas company from ___?
PETRONAS, short for Petroliam Nasional Berhad, is a Malaysian oil and gas company.
2. In which of the following states “Chinnar Wildlife Sanctuary” is located?
Chinnar Wildlife Sanctuary is located at Munnar in Idukki district of Kerala.
3. Which of the following are Mars Exploration Rovers?
Chose the correct answer from the codes given below:
[A]Only 1 & 2
[B]Only 1 & 3
[C]Only 1, 2 & 3
[D]1, 2, 3 & 4
Only 1, 2 & 3
4. Who among the following is has won “Macau Open Title 2013”?
Indian squash player Dipika Pallikal wins Macau Open Title. It is the seventh Women’s Squash Association Title for Dipika.
5. The “Scrub typhus” fever is a disease caused by ___?
Scrub typhus is an infection caused by Rickettsia Bacteria known as Orienta tsutusgamushi. A person gets infected if he is bitten by mite that is infected with the Rickettsia Bacteria. The disease manifests in weeks after the bite. Initial symptoms include moderate fever, severe headache, shaking chills,
gastrointestinal symptoms, abdominal pain and nausea.
6. India has imported the production technology of Smerch Rockets from____?
7. Gavrani and Killari are the indegenous breeds of cows found mainly in ___?
Some of India famous Indigenous cows are Tharparkar, Rathi and Kankrej in Rajasthan, Gir in Gujarat, Gavrani and Killari in Maharashtra.
8. United Wa State Army is an extremist group operating in __?
The United Wa State Army is the most powerful ethnic army in Myanmar, with an estimated 30,000 troops in its ranks, some 10,000 auxiliaries and near autonomy in the parts of Shan state it has controlled over the past two decades.
9. Who among the following has become the first ever recipient of Genesis Prize, an award popularly dubbed the “Jewish Nobel Prize”?
Israel recognised New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg as the first ever recipient of the $ 1 million Genesis Prize, an award popularly dubbed the “Jewish Nobel Prize”. Bloomberg was honoured as the first winner for his long record of public service and philanthropy.
10. Which among the following states in India has highest Child marriage rate?
Bihar’s child marriage rate of 64 per cent, or nearly two underage brides among every three women, is the worst, data available with the women and child development ministry show. It is followed by Jharkhand with 60 per cent, or three among five. The other states with a child marriage rate above 50 per cent are Rajasthan, Andhra Pradesh, West Bengal, MP, UP, Chhattisgarh.
« Previous QuizNext Quiz »