GK & Current Affairs Quiz: October 23, 2013
1. Which among the following has the largest share in the renewable energy basket of India at present?
[D]Small Hydropower projects
Sixty-five percent of power from renewable sources comes from wind energy. Biomass accounts for 14%, small hydro- power projects contribute 13% and solar energy 5%. Other sources contribute about 3%.
2. With which among the following neighbouring countries, India has signed a Border Defence Cooperation Agreement recently (October 2013)?
India and China have inked a comprehensive Border Defence Cooperation Agreement. This agreement says that the two countries would not use military capability to attack each other. The agreement is expected to defuse recurring border stand-offs. Another agreement under discussion was on a liberalised visa regime in protest against China’s stapled visa policy. This was not signed.
3. For development of the infrastructure at panchayat level, which among the following state governments gives Rs. 1 crore as grant to panchayats under its ‘Din Dayal Panchayat Raj Infrastructure Development Scheme’?
Goa government will give 1 crore to panchayats tomorrow for creating infrastructure. The ‘Din Dayal Panchayat Raj Infrastructure Development Scheme’ of Goa government will provide non-refundable grant up to 1 crore for setting up of infrastructure for the panchayats.
4. According to the current norms, what is the maximum limit of poll expenditure fixed for a parliamentary constituency?
Maximum poll expenditure for parliamentary constituencies was fixed Rs. 40 lakh for MP elections and Rs. 16 lakh for MLA elections. However, this limit varies from state to state.
5. The Ravva oil and gas fields are located in ___?
6. During World War II, an American general Joe Stilwell had built a road in North East India which is famous as Stilwell Road. This road connected India’s Assam to ___?
[A]Kunming in China
[B]Mae Sot in Thailand
[C]Moreh in Manipur
[D]Rangoon in Burma
Kunming in China
During World War II, an American general Joe Stilwell had built a road in North East India which is famous as Stilwell. This road connected Ledo in Assam to Kunming in China, to supply Chinese fighting the Japanese. In recent times, there have been voices to revive this road so that trade between India and China can be given a lift.
7. Recently, the government of India has announced a ‘funding for lending’ scheme. Who are the beneficiaries for this scheme?
[C]Finance departments of the State Governments
[D]Regional Rural Banks
The government has announced a ‘funding for lending’ scheme under which it has promised more capital for banks to provide cheap loans for consumer durables and two-wheelers.
8. Which among the following is / are mainly the winter-planted crops?
Choose the correct option from the following:
[A]1 & 2
[B]2 & 3
[C]1, 2 & 3
[D]1 & 3
2 & 3
In our country, winter planted crops those which are sown in October and reaped from March onwards. The rice, sugarcane, corn and cotton are planted in rainy months of June and July, while wheat, chickpeas and rapeseed are the main winter-planted crops.
9. Recently, Sachin Tendulkar was named in the Wisden all-time World Test XI. Who is the captain of this team?
10. Malanjkhand in Madhya Pradesh, Khetri in Rajasthan and Ghatsila in Jharkhand; these are the famous deposits of which among the following ores?
The copper mines of Hindustan Copper Limited are located in Malanjkhand in Madhya Pradesh, Khetri in Rajasthan and Ghatsila in Jharkhand
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|