GK & Current Affairs : November 10-12, 2014
1. At which among the following places, School of Planning and Architecture has NOT been established?
There are three Schools of Planning and Architecture (SPAs) in India at Bhopal, Delhi and Vijayawada. They were established with the objectives of providing quality Architecture and physical planning education. The SPAs primarily offer undergraduate, postgraduate, doctoral and executive education programmes. SPA at Delhi was established in 1948. SPA’s at Bhopal and Vijayawada were established in 2008.
2. According to the SEBI, what is the minimum asset size for a Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT)___?
[A]Rs. 500 Crore
[B]Rs. 800 Crore
[C]Rs. 1000 Crore
[D]Rs. 100 Crore
Rs. 500 Crore
REITs are listed trusts which draw funds from investors known as unit holders. It invests these funds directly or through a special purpose vehicle (SPV) into revenue yielding commercial properties like shopping centres, office complexes, etc. Income generated from these assets is distributed to its unit holders. Under REITs, a sponsor, generally a developer, sets up a Sebi-registered trust. The assets of the REITs are held by the trustee and its day-to-day operations are managed by a professional manager independent of the trustee, allowing for better transparency and security of investments of the trust. As per Sebi guidelines, the minimum asset size for a REIT is R500 crore.
3. Which among the following carat value corresponds to 75% purity of Gold?
4. In which year, Central industrial security forces (CISF) was established?
Central industrial security forces (CISF) was established in 1969 is a premier organisation for providing security cover to PSU in India. It is the largest industrial force in in Asia.
5. The Akhaura-Agartala rail link is slated to link India with __?
6. India is purchasing the energy produced in Tala and Kurichu Hydro-power projects located in __?
7. The proposed TAPI project will transport the natural gas from which among the following basins to India?
TAPI project will transport the natural gas from Caspian sea in Turkmenistan to Pakistan and India via Afghanistan
8. In which year, India-Nepal Treaty of Peace and Friendship was signed __?
The 1950 India-Nepal Treaty of Peace and Friendship is a bilateral treaty between Nepal and India establishing a close strategic relationship between the two South Asian neighbours.
9. Which among the following states is known for the 500 year old metal art technique called Bidri handicraft?
Bidri handicraft is a 500 year old metal art technique named after its place of origin, Bidar, Karnataka. It involves the application of inlays, mainly of silver to object cast in black alloy of zinc, copper and lead.
10. Which among the following was the first country with which India signed Comprehensive Economic Cooperation Agreement?