GK & Current Affairs – March 31, 2016
1. Uri-I and Dulhasti power projects are located in which state of India?
[A]Jammu & Kashmir
Jammu & Kashmir
Uri power project is under execution on Jhelum River near Uri in Baramula district of the Jammu & Kashmir and Dulhasti power project is under execution on Chenab River in the Kishtwar district of Jammu & Kashmir.
2. Bedaquiline, a newly launched vaccine by Health Ministry, is related with the treatment of which disease?
[A]Zika Virus disease
[C]Ebola virus disease
Bedaquiline is a medication used to treat tuberculosis. It was approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) at the end of 2012 for the treatment of adults with multidrug-resistant Tuberculosis. Recently, Health Ministry gave green signal to the drug to be used in India.
3. Recently, which country among the SAARC nations, decided to opt out from the execution of famous SAARC satellite project?
SAARC satellite project was proposed in November 2014 by Prime Minister Narendra Modi for all member countries of the regional grouping. The Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi, spoke about the space technology benefits of telemedicine, disaster management,land records management, GIS enabled watershed management and of providing satellite navigation system to cover the whole of South Asia. But Pakistan decided to opt out of the Project.
4. Who is the newly elected President of the Central African Republic?
[C]Faustin Archange Touadera
Faustin Archange Touadera
Faustin Archange Touadera is the newly elected President of the Central African Republic. Previously, he was the Prime Minister from January 2008 to January 2013.
5. Patty Duke, who passed away recently, was related to which field?
Patty Duke (69), renowned actor and singer, passed away in Idaho, United States. She had won Academy award (Oscar) in 1963 at the age of 16 for her portrayal of deaf blind political activist Helen Keller in ‘The Miracle worker’.
6. Shiva Thapa, who qualified for 2016 Olympics, is associated with which sport?
Shiva Thapa, World Championships bronze-medallist (56kg), has became the first Indian boxer to qualify in the 2016 Olympics by entering the Asian Qualifying Tournament’s final in Qianan, China.
7. Where will be the first Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) chair established in the Arab world?
India will institute its first Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) chair in the Arab world at Ain Shams University (ASU) in Cairo, Egypt.
8. The mobile app “RTA m-Wallet” has been launched in which state of India?
The Telangana Government has launched the mobile app titled “RTA m-Wallet” that allows citizens to store digital copies of documents like driving license registration certificate and other vehicle related papers which can be shown to traffic authorities when demanded. It also offers options to add multiple vehicles owned by an individual.The documents once downloaded on the application will be saved permanently.
9. Haldhar Nag, who was recently honored with Padma Shri award, is a poet of which language?
Haldhar Nag, popularly known as Lok Kabi Ratna, is a renowned poet in Kosli language from Bargarh, Odisha. He recently conferred with the Padma Shri , the fourth highest civilian award of India by the President Pranab Mukherjee.
10. Which of the following villages has become the first liquor-free village in Rajasthan?
Kachhabali village in Bhim tehsil of Rajsamand district has become the first liquor-free village in Rajasthan. .
Category: Daily Current Affairs Quiz « Previous QuizNext Quiz »