GK & Current Affairs – November 2, 2015
1. Which among the following countries is the world’s largest cotton producer?
China is the world’s largest producer of cotton. China is followed by India and USA.
2. What is the range of the BrahMos supersonic cruise missile?
Answer: 290 KM
Recently the Indian Navy has successfully test-fired the 290 KM range BrahMos supersonic cruise missile. BrahMos missile is a two-stage missile system and it operates on ‘fire and forget priciple’.
3. According to the ‘Freedom on the Net 2015’ report, which among the following country is the world’s worst abuser of internet freedom?
According to the report ‘Freedom on the Net 2015’, released by Freedom House, China country was the worst abuser of internet freedom in the world. China was followed by Syria and Iran. Whereas in India, Internet freedom is improved for the second consecutive year in 2015. The report is based on internet-related developments in 65 countries across the world since June month of 2014. According to the report, internet freedom is most improved in Sri Lanka and Zambia because of recent change in governments of those countries. Freedom house is a non-profit organisation that supports democracy and freedom and advocates for human rights.
4. Regional connectivity scheme (RCS), which is recently in news is related with____________?
Recently, the central government has announced the draft aviation policy, which is aimed at improving connectivity among the smaller cities. Under the Regional Connectivity Scheme (RCS), the centre will offer concessions to airlines if they operate on regional routes. Under the scheme, there is a cap of Rs. 2500/- per one hour flight on remote routes. Central government will bear the 80% of airline’s losses and the remaining by the state governments.
5. The demand for statehood to Tulu Nadu is coming from which among the following States?
The demand for creation of Tulu Nadu state is coming from the Tulu-speaking people who are speard over Karnataka and Kerala. There is a demand to merge the Dakshina Kannada and Udipi district of karnataka and Kasaragod of Kerala to form the new state of Tulu Nadu.
6. Which among the following pairs is the winner of the WTA finals title?
[A]Gabrine Muguruza and Carla Suarez
[B]Martina Hingis and Sania Mirza
[C]Gabrine Muguruza and Sania Mirza
[D]Martina Hingis and Gabrine Muguruza
Answer: Martina Hingis and Sania Mirza
The Indo-Swiss pair of Martina Hingis and Sania Mirza have won their ninth title at the WTA finals in Singapore.
7. What is the number of members in the proposed Monetary Policy Committee?
Answer: 5 members
After several months of discussions, the Ministry of Finance and the Reserve Bank of India have decided to form a 5-member committee to decide the monetary policy of the country. The government will nominate 2 members and RBI will nominate 3 memebers. Each member of the committee will have one vote and the RBI governer, chair of the committee will have a casting vote.
8. As per the annual report on world’s most valuable nation brands published by Brand Finance, India’s rank is __________?
Answer: 7th position
Brand Finance has ranked India as the 7th world’s most valuable nation brand. US is at the top position followed by China and Germany.The valuation is based on 5-year forecasts of sales of all brands in each country. The GDP of the nation is used as a proxy for total revenues.
9. Erasmus Plus programme is related to which of the following?
Erasmus is a student exchange programme established by the European Union (EU). Erasmus Plus programme (2014-2020) is a new 14.7 billion euro programme to cover all the EU’s programmes on education, training, youth and Sports.
10. Who among the following has been elected as new Vice President of Nepal?
[A]B D Bhandari
[B]Ram Baran Yadav
[C]Nanda Kishor Pun
Answer: Nanda Kishor Pun
Nanda Kishor Pun from UCPN(Maoist) party is elected as the new Vice-President of the Nepal. He is succeeding Parmananda jaha. Mr. Pun was the chief commander of the Peoples Liberation Army of the Maoist party.
Category: Daily Current Affairs Quiz « Previous QuizNext Quiz »