GK & Current Affairs: August 29-31, 2015
1. Who among the following won the Tenzing Norgay National Adventure Award 2014-15? [A]Arunima Sinha [B]Satyendra Verma [C]Satish Chander Sharma [D]All of the above
All of the above The Tenzing Norgay National Adventure Award 2014-15 has been conferred by the President Mr. Pranab Mukherjee to the following recipients viz. ITBP officer Mr. Jot Singh (Mountaineering), Ms. Arunima Sinha (Mountaineering), Wg. Cdr. Paramveer Singh (Aqua Sport), Lt. Col Satyendra Verma (Sky diving) and Col. Satish Chander Sharma (Mountaineering) at a ceremony held at Rashtrapati Bhawan, New Delhi . The award is given to sportspersons for his or her outstanding achievement within the field of adventure activities.
2. Who has been conferred with Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna award 2015? [A]Sania Mirza [B]Dipa Karmakar [C]Babita Kumari [D]Abhilasha Shashikant Mhatre
Sania Mirza Tennis ace Ms. Sania Mirza has been conferred with Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna award 2015. She became the second tennis player to receive the country’s highest sporting honour after Leander Paes.
3. Dr. Malleshappa M. Kalburgi was a rationalist and eminent scholar in which language? [A]Tamil [B]Kannada [C]Telugu [D]Malayalam
Kannada The renowned scholar and Kannada researcher, Dr. Malleshappa M. Kalburgi (77) was shot dead by 2 gunmen at his residence in Dharwad district of Karnataka on August 30, 2015. Dr. Kalburgi was a controversial writer and scholar, who had spoken openly against idolatry tradition in Hinduism. He was scholar of Vachana sahitya (Vachana literature), Kannada epigraphist and academician who served as the Vice-Chancellor of Kannada University in Hampi. He has written over 20 publications viz. Neeru Neeradisittu, Sarangarshi, Kachhittu Kalyan, etc.
4. Which among the following country in South Asia has highest GDP per capita (current prices)? [A]India [B]Bangladesh [C]Sri Lanka [D]Maldives
5. The digital version of which of the following scriptures has been launched by Prime Minister Mr. Narendra Modi recently? [A]Mahabharat [B]Bhagavad Gita [C]Ramcharitmanas [D]Ramayana
Ramcharitmanas The Prime Minister Mr. Narendra Modi launched the digital version of epic “Ramcharitmanas”, as a set of digital CDs prepared by All India Radio (AIR). The great epic poem, Ramcharitmanas was composed by the 16th-century Indian bhakti poet Goswami Tulsidas ji in Awadhi language. The poem literally means “Lake of the deeds of Rama, its’ a retelling of the events of the Sanskrit epic Ramayana, the story of Lord Rama, with very intense devotion.
6. The Government of India (GOI) has launched which scheme for online release of new LPG connections? [A]Sulabh [B]Saral [C]Smile [D]Sahaj
Sahaj The Union Petroleum and Natural Gas Minister, Mr. Dharmendra Pradhan has launched SAHAJ scheme for online release of new LPG connections for the consumers as parts of its consumer friendly initiative in New Delhi. As per the scheme, people can apply online for new LPG connection and they need not visit to the LPG distributors for it. The facility will enable the customers to post online request for a new connection by filing Know Your Customer (KYC) form by uploading bank account details and photographs. Initially, the scheme has been launched in 12 cities viz. Ahmedabad, Bhubaneswar, Bengaluru, Bhopal, Chennai, Chandigarh, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Lucknow, Patna, Mumbai and Pune.
7. What is the theme of 21st edition of Delhi Book Fair 2015? [A]Child Development [B]Women Development [C]Skill Development [D]Technology Development
Skill Development The 21st edition of the Delhi Book Fair 2015 has been launched at Pragati Maidan, New Delhi. It has been organised jointy by India Trade Promotion Organisation (ITPO) and the Federation of Indian Publishers (FIP) and subsidised entry tickets priced at Rs. 20 for the 9-day fair till Sepetember 6, 2015. It is based on the theme of ‘Skill Development’, to offer people an idea about skill development and how it can change the life of the youth.
8. Which of the following countries celebrate Independence Day on August 31? [A]Trinidad and Tobago [B]Malaysia [C]Kyrgyzstan [D]All of the above
All of the above On August 31, Kyrgyzstan, Malaysia and Trinidad and Tobago celebrate their Independence Day. On August 31, 1991 Kyrgyzstan became an independent nation after the break up of Soviet Union. Trinidad and Tobago got independence from the United Kingdom on August 15, 1962 and Malaysia got independence from the United Kingdom on August 31,1957.
9. Recently, who has been appointed as the Union Home Secretary by the Government of India (GoI)? [A]PK Sinha [B]L.C. Goyal [C]Rajiv Mehrishi [D]Anil Goswami
Rajiv Mehrishi The 1978-batch Rajasthan cadre IAS officer, Mr. Rajiv Mehrishi has been appointed as Union Home Secretary in the Ministry of Home Affairs for a period of two years. He succeeded Mr. L C Goyal. Previously, Mr. Mehrishi was serving as Secretary in the Department of Economic Affairs in the Ministry of Finance.
10. India’s Himadri Station is located in __: [A]Arctic [B]Antarctic [C]Eastern Himalaya [D]Western Himalaya
Arctic Himadri Station, established in 2008, is India’s first Arctic research station. It is located at Spitsbergen, Svalbard, Norway. It’s research goals include analysis of the surface water, and atmospheric research near Arctic region, apart from aerosol radiation, space weather, microbial communities, glaciers, sedimentology, and carbon recycling.
Category: Daily Current Affairs Quiz « Previous QuizNext Quiz »