GK & Current Affairs – November 3, 2015
1. Which among the following internet gaints is starting the ‘Project Loon’ in India?
Recently, Gooogle has received the permission from the government to start testing it’s Project Loon. The aim of the project is to provide low-cost internet access to rural areas of India. Under the project, floating balloons at a height of 20 KM above earth’s syface are used and each balloon can provide internet access up to an area of 40 KM. The balloons are powered though solar panels.
2. Visa Inc., the world’s largest payments network is based in ____________?
Visa Inc. is an American based payment company. Recently it has announced to buy Visa Europe.
3. Omar al-Bashir, who recently visited India is the President of the which among the following country?
Sudan President Omar al-Bashir has visited India recently as part of the India-Africa Summit held in New Delhi. International Criminal Court (ICC) has requested India for his arrest and India has rejected the proposal. Omar al-Bashir is charged by ICC for alleged genocide and war crimes during Darfur conflict in 2003.
4. Who among the following is the founder of the global telecom carrier company, Sabse Technologies Inc.?
[C]Ravi Shankar Gururaj
Answer: Sabeer Bhatia
Sabse Technologies Inc, one of the global telecom carrier is founded by Hotmail founder Sabeer Bhatia. Recently Ratan Tata has announced to invest in the company.
5. Which among the following company is acquiring the telecom business of Sistema Shyam Teleservices (SSTL)?
Reliance Communications (RCOM) announced to buy Russian based Sistema’s Indian wireless business, operating under the MTS brand in India. After the deal Sistema will get 10% stake in RCOM.
6. Who among the following was the author of the book ‘Advantage India-From Challenge to Opportunity’?
[A]R K Pachauri
[C]APJ Abdul Kalam
Answer: APJ Abdul Kalam
Former President APJ Abdul Kalam’s last book ‘Advantage India-From Challenge to Opportunity’ was launched recently. Kalam had completed 99% of the book before he died. The book was co-authored by Srijan Pal Singh, who is an IIMA alumnus. The book describes about how the initiatives like ‘Swach Bharat’ and ‘Make in India’ can be used to tap untapped potential of India.
7. Brijmohan Lall Munjal, who recently passed away related to which among the following company(ies)?
[A]Mahindra & Mahindra
Answer: Hero group
Brijmohan Lall Munjal, who is widely known as father of the Indian two-wheeler industry passed away recently. He was the founder of the Hero Moto Corp. In the year 1980 he had signed an agreement with Honda company to manufacture motorcycles in India.
8. Which among the following auto-maker of the India has appointed Lionel Messi as it’s global brand ambassador?
[D]Mahindra & Mahindra
Answer: Tata Motors
India’s largest automobile company, Tata Motors has appointed Lionel Messai as the company’s global brand ambassador. Initially, the contract is for two years and it can be exdentable afterwards.
9. Madhesi people who are recently in news are belongs to ____________?
Madhesi people lives in the plains region of India-Nepal border. Recently, they are in news for their strong opposition to the promulgamation of the Nepal’s new constitution.
10. In which among the following State, the largest rooftop solar power plant of the Indian Railways network is located?
Indian Railways has installed the one Megawatt Peak (MWP) rooftop grid-connected solar power plant at Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Katra railway station to meet the energy needs of 5000 KW daily.It is the largest rooftop solar power plant in the Indian Railways network and the largest in Jammu & Kashmir.
Category: Daily Current Affairs Quiz « Previous QuizNext Quiz »