GK & Current Affairs – March 30, 2016
1. Recently, India signed the Kamov helicopter deal, with which country?
The deal is an Inter-Governmental Agreement on the manufacture of Kamov-226 helicopters in India. It is the first project for a major defence platform under the Make-in-India mission.
2. ‘Chanderkhani Pass’ is located in which state of India?
Answer: Himachal Pradesh
Chanderkhani Pass is located in Himachal Pradesh state of India. The Chanderkhani Pass was making news when eight trekkers were caught in heavy snowfall in the Pass.
3. Which two states of India are undergoing controversies over Satluj-Yamuna canal link?
[A]Haryana and Rajasthan
[B]Punjab and Haryana
[C]Uttarakhand and Uttar Pradesh
[D]Jammu & Kashmir and Punjab
Answer: Punjab and Haryana
Sutlej Yamuna Link Canal (SARYU) or SYL as it is popularly known, is a proposed 214-kilometer (133 mi) long canal in India to connect the Sutlej and Yamuna rivers. However, the two states Punjab and Haryana are undergoing controversies over the construction of canal, with Punjab unwilling to share the water with Haryana.
4. Who is the incumbent Managing Director of the International Monetary Fund (IMF)?
[D]Jim Yong Kim
Answer: Christine Lagarde
Christine Lagarde, a national of France, is the incumbent Managing Director of the International Monetary Fund. She was appointed in July 2011.
5. ‘Kakrapara Atomic Power Station’ is located in which state of India?
Kakrapara Atomic Power Station (KAPS) in Gujarat was recently making news, when its one unit was shut down after leakage of heavy water from its coolant system.
6. Molenbeek, the place, which recently gained international attention as the base of numerous Islamic terrorists, is located in which country?
Molenbeek is a municipality, in Belgium. The region was making news, when it recently gained international attention as the base of numerous Islamic terrorists, after bombing activity occurred at Brussels Airport.
7. Who is the incumbent chairman of the National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD)?
[C]Harsh Kumar Bhanwala
[D]Upendra Kumar Sinha
Answer: Harsh Kumar Bhanwala
Harsh Kumar Bhanwala has been Chairman of National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) since December 18, 2013.
8. The headquarters of the International Solar Alliance (ISA) will be located at_?
Recently, the Prime Minister of India Shri Narendra Modi, and the President of France Mr François Hollande, jointly laid the foundation stone of the International Solar Alliance (ISA) Headquarters and inaugurated the interim Secretariat of the ISA in National Institute of Solar Energy (NISE), Gwalpahari, Gurgaon. The ISA headquarters will come up on five acres of land in the campus of the National Institute of Solar Energy (NISE).
9. Apurvi Singh Chandela, who qualified for the 2016 Olympics, is associated with which sport?
Apurvi Singh Chandela is an Indian shooter who competes in the 10 metre air rifle event. She won the gold medal in the 2014 Commonwealth Games in Glasgow. She has qualified for the 2016 Olympics.
10. Which committee has recommended change in the structure and ecosystem in the Indian cricket board?
[A]Kirit Parikh committee
[B]RM Lodha committee
[C]Bibek Debroy committee
[D]Naresh Chandra committee
Answer: RM Lodha committee
The Lodha committee, which was primarily assigned with the task of determining the quantum of punishment for players and others involved in spot fixing in IPL, also gave recommendation on change in the structure and ecosystem in the Indian cricket board saying no to politicians’ involvement in BCCI. .
Category: Daily Current Affairs Quiz « Previous QuizNext Quiz »