GK & Current Affairs – February 20, 21, 2016
1. Who has become the first ever lyricist to enter the Guinness Book of World Records?
Answer: Sameer Anjaan
The well-known Indian lyricist Sameer Anjaan has been officially recognised by Guinness Books of World Records for composing the 3,524 songs for 650 Bollywood movies, as verified on December 15, 2015. He is included as a Guinness World Record holder under a new category titled ‘Most prolific Bollywood lyricist’. With this, he become the first ever lyricist to enter the Guinness Book of World Records.
2. Who is the author of the book ‘Law and Sports in India-Development, Issues and Challenges’?
[A]B S Chauhan
Answer: Mukul Mudgal
The second edition of ”Law and Sports in India-Development, Issues and Challenges” by Justice Mukul Mudgal and Vidushpat Singhania was launched recently.
3. Who has been sworn-in as the new Chief Minister of Arunachal Pradesh?
Answer: Kalikho Pul
Kalikho Pul has been sworn-in as the 9th Chief Minister of Arunachal Pradesh by Governor JP Rajkhowa at Raj Bhawan in Itanagar. Now, he has to prove the majority in the 60 member state legislative assembly. He is being supported by 32 MLAs including the Congress rebels, BJP legislators and 2 independent legislators.
4. Paani Foundation has announced to work with which state government to resolve water crisis in the state?
Aamir Khan and his wife Kiran Rao’s NGO Paani Foundation will work in association with the Maharashtra government towards solving the water crisis in the state. A competition will be organised where villages will be involved in water conservation activities, with the winning village bagging prize money of Rs.50 lakh. The contest will be held between April 15 and May 31.
5. Who has won a gold medal in long jump at the Asian Indoor Athletics Championships 2016?
[D]M A Prajusha
Answer: Mayookha Johny
Mayookha Johny has won a gold medal in long jump and a silver medal in triple jump at the Asian Indoor Athletics Championships.
6. Who has won the 2016 Presidential election of Central African Republic (CAR)?
[B]Faustin Archange Touadera
Answer: Faustin Archange Touadera
Faustin-Archange Touadera, a former prime minister, has been elected as president of the Central African Republic.
7. Which state government has launched the Pucca Ghar Yojana for construction workers?
The Odisha Government has launched the Pucca Ghar Yojana for construction workers. The pucca houses will be built for 50,000 construction workers during the current financial year with a cost of Rs. 500 crore. The state government has decided to provide an assistance of Rs.1 lakh to each registered construction worker of the state for construction of his/her house under the Yojana. A construction worker registered with the Odisha Buildings and Construction Workers’ Welfare Board for the three years can avail the benefit.
8. Who was appointed as the Director of Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC)?
Answer: KN Vyas
The distinguished scientist KN Vyas has been appointed as the Director of Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC) for a period of three years. He succeeded Shekar Basu, who was appointed as Atomic Energy Secretary and Chairman of Atomic Energy Commission in October 2015. The BARC is India’s premier nuclear research facility based in Mumbai.
9. Who was the author of the book “To Kill a Mockingbird”?
Answer: Harper Lee
The American novelist Harper Lee (89) passed away in Monroeville, Alabama, United States. She was widely known for her novel ‘To Kill a Mockingbird’, published in 1960 which had become a classic of modern American literature. The book has a towering presence in American literature and tells the tale of a white lawyer defending a black man accused of rape in the Deep South.
10. Christine Lagarde has been reappointed as the Managing Director (MD) of which of the following organisation?
[A]International Finance Corporation
[B]European Central Bank
[D]International Monetary Fund
Answer: International Monetary Fund
The former French finance minister Christine Lagarde has been reappointed as the Managing Director (MD) of the International Monetary Fund (IMF) for a second five-year term starting on July 5, 2016. .
Category: Daily Current Affairs Quiz « Previous QuizNext Quiz »