GK & Current Affairs: June 23, 2013
1. INDRA is a joint, bi-annual military exercise conducted by India and _____?
INDRA is a joint, bi-annual military exercise conducted by India and Russia starting in 2003. The exercise is tasked with boosting cooperation and interoperability between the Russian and Indian navies. INRA 2013 military exercise is scheduled to take place in October 2013 at Mahajan field firing range of Rajasthan in India.
2. As of June 2013, which one of the following is the India’s super fast computer?
As of June 2013, India has 11 systems in the list of top 500 fastest supercomputers in the world. The Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology (IITM) supercomputer iDataPlex stands 36th in the list. Param Yuva-II, developed by the Centre for Development of Advance computing (C-DAC) has bagged the 69th position.
3. The drug Bedaquiline, which is recently in news is used to treat which one of the following disease?
Bedaquiline is a new TB drug. Recently, the World Health Organization has, for the first time in 40 years, issued interim guidance for the use of this new Tuberculosis drug. The drug was granted approval by the US Food and Drug Administration last year. The interim guidance provides the advice on the inclusion of bedaquiline in the combination therapy of Multi-Drug Resistant (MDR) TB.
4. Who among the following has been awarded “Simon Bolivar National Award of Journalism 2013?
Hugo Chavez, former president of Venezuela, was posthumously awarded the Simon Bolivar National Award of Journalism 2013. The National Journalism Prize for foundation said that its jury voted unanimously to give Chavez the prize because he gave voice to the oppressed of the world and fought a constant battle against media lies.
5. The Rollapadu Great Indian Bustard Bird Sanctuary is located in which of the following state?
The Rollapadu Great Indian Bustard Bird sanctuary was set up in 1987 in an area of 6.14 square km near Nandikotkur in Kurnool district of Andhra Pradesh. The rare giant bird, Great Indian Bustard, is currently facing deep trouble due to ecological changes and their populations have also dwindled. As the alarm bells are ringing, the Union Ministry of Environment and Forest, Bombay Natural History Society, World Wide Fund for nature and State forest department have launched a unique Species Recovery Programme to save the Great Indian Bustard, which will continue for decade.
6. In which of the following year Sri Lanka parliament passed the 13th amendment to the constitution?
In August 1987, the Sri Lanka Parliament passed the 13th amendment to the constitution and the ancillary Provisional Councils Act. The Sri Lankan government declared that the enactment of these laws fulfilled the promises made in the accord, to devolve power on the Tamil people.
7. Recently, which one of the following ancient Jain manuscript has been registered in the UNESCO Heritage documentary?
UNESCO has recognized an ancient Jain manuscript “Shantinatha Purana” as one of the rarest documents in the world and has registered it in its Register as Heritage Documentary. Shantinatha Purana is a text in Sanskrit written in Devanagari script. It describes the life and times of Shantinatha, the 16th Jain Tirthankara.
8. World Refugee Day is observed on___:
The World Refugee Day is observed on 20 June every year to honour the courage, strength and determination to flee their homeland under threat of persecution, conflict and violence.
9. The Union Ministry of Information and Broadcasting constituted a committee to review the rate revision of the newspaper advertisements. Who among the following is the head of this committee?
[A]S K Sinha
[C]J S Mathur
J S Mathur
The Union Ministry of Information and Broadcasting constituted a committee headed by J S Mathur to review the rate revision of the newspaper advertisements. The committee will also look into different parameters on the basis of which advertisements are issued. J S Mathur is the additional secretary in the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting.
10. Who among the following is the author of the book “Ambedkar Speaks (Trilogy)”?
Dr Narendra Jadhav who is currently serving as Member of the Planning Commission of India is the author of the book Ambedkar Speaks (Trilogy). It was released recently in (Vol I, II and III). This trilogy is an attempt to develop a comprehensive bibliography of all the speeches delivered by Dr. Ambedkar.
Category: Daily Current Affairs Quiz « Previous QuizNext Quiz »