GK & Current Affairs : December 27, 2014
1. The Bhamala Stupa, a ruined Buddhist Stupa, is located in which one of the following countries?
Bhamala Stupa is an ancient Gandhara stupa located in Pakistan near Haripur and is a part of so called Bhamala Buddhist Complex. It is a national heritage site of Pakistan and dates back to 4th century AD. This stupa is different from other Gandhara stupas as it looks cross shaped like an Aztec Pyramid.
2. Who among the following has been honoured with the prestigious Yash Chopra Memorial Award?
[D]Shah Rukh Khan
Megastar Amitabh Bachchan was conferred with the Yash Chopra Memorial Award.
3. India’s Kidambi Srikanth, is associated with which one of the following sports/event?
Kidambi Srikanth, is an Indian badminton player and currently the highest ranked Indian men’s player in the international circuit with a world ranking of 4.
4. Which among the following e-commerce company announced the launch of “Agri Store” to offer various agriculture input products to farmers?
Snapdeal.com announced the launch of ‘Agri Store’, offering products like seeds, fertilizer and irrigation tools, among others, to farmers.
5. Currently, who among the following is the richest person in Asia?
Jack Ma has become the richest person in Asia. The 50 year old founder of Alibaba Group Holding Ltd. (BABA), China’s biggest e-commerce company, passed Li Ka-Shing, the Hong Kong property and ports tycoon who was held the spot in the region since two years.
6. Which among the following states in India has highest sex ratio at birth?
According to the latest sample registration system survey, India’s sex ratio at birth has risen one point – from 908 in 2010-2012 to 909 in 2011-2013 – according to the latest sample registration system. In rural areas, the ratio was 910, while in urban areas, it stood at 906. The ratio saw a marked difference across states. While Chhattisgarh reported the highest ratio of 970, Haryana recorded the lowest (864).
7. The “Meera Puraskar” is a highest literature award given by which one of the following states?
8. Who among the following has been as the AIFF player of the year-2014?
Indian national team captain Sunil Chhetri was Saturday declared ‘AIFF Player of the Year’ for the third time in four years while Bala Devi has been declared the ‘Woman Player of the Year’. Sandesh Jhingan, who played for Kerala Blasters FC in the Indian Super League (ISL), was declared the ‘Emerging Player of the Year’. Chhetri was chosen the winner on basis of votes from Coaches from I-League clubs, according to an All India Football Federation (AIFF) release.
9. According to WHO report on the most polluted cities in the world, which among the following states has maximum number of polluted cities in the country?
All most all of the most polluted cities in India are located in the north with Uttar Pradesh, Punjab and Rajasthan dominating the list, according to WHO report on the most polluted cities in the world. Of the worst 30 cities, UP claim to nine, Punjab to five and Rajasthan to four.
10. Who among the following has been voted as the number one footballer in the world?
Portugal football team captain Cristiano Ronaldo has been voted as the number one footballer in the world overtaking Argentina skipper Lionel Messi for the top spot.