Daily Current Affairs 2012 Quiz : September 12, 2012
1. Which among the following is the main purpose to set up Post Bank of India (PBI) by the Department of Posts (DoP)?
[A]To provide banking services with special focus on urban areas
[B]To provide banking services in rural areas only
[C]To provide banking services in urban areas only
[D]To provide banking services with special focus on rural areas
To provide banking services with special focus on rural areas
2. Recently Infosys acquired a foreign firm Lodestone Holding, which is based in _________?
3. Who among the following is the author of the upcoming ‘Joseph Anton’ book?
4. Which among the following bank has recently announced to launch non-cash transactions through social networking site – Facebook?
5. Which among the following pair is the winner of the US Open Tennis 2012 Women’s double event?
[A]Sara Errani and Roberta Vinci
[B]Roberta Vinci and Lucie Hradecka
[C]Andrea Hlavackova and Sara Errani
[D]Lucie Hradecka and Andrea Hlavackova
Sara Errani and Roberta Vinci
6. Recently the 6th International Hybrid Rice Symposium was held in ______________.
7. Kaushik Basu is recently appointed as Chief Economist of __________?
[B]International Monetary Fund (IMF)
[C]Asian Development Bank (ADB)
[D]Asian Development Bank Institute (ADBI)
8. Which among the following country has topped the London Paralympics medal table?
9. Which among the following university has toped the list of world university rankings for 2011-2012 by Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) company?
[C]Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
10. Jeet Thayil, Who is recently in news is a ____________?
Indian writer Jeet Thayil’s first novel ‘Narcopolis’, described as a compelling tale of Mumbai’s hazy world of opium addiction, has made it to the six-author shortlist for the Man Booker Prize 2012.
You are not logged into GKToday. Please click below icons to register or login and take this test.
Category: Daily Current Affairs Quiz « Previous QuizNext Quiz »